Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 215712 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1110 on: February 28, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »
Ooh, I love Dinotopia!  The pictures are so lavish and beautiful.  Do you know there's a sequel?  I didn't think it quite as good, but still interesting.  :)  I got them from the library for my oldest when she was really into dinosaurs, but I should get them for her again.  She loves that type of thing.

Alli8098

« Reply #1111 on: March 01, 2014, 08:04:57 PM »
A few days ago 4 year old DD saw a picture of Peyton Manning and said "I'm going to marry Peyton Manning when I'm a grownup!".  After stifling my laughter because she was serious I decided she'll figure out as she grows that for many reasons she won't be marrying Peyton.  We thought it was funny and cute though, and yes we live in Colorado.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1112 on: March 01, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »
Ooh, I love Dinotopia!  The pictures are so lavish and beautiful.  Do you know there's a sequel?  I didn't think it quite as good, but still interesting.  :)  I got them from the library for my oldest when she was really into dinosaurs, but I should get them for her again.  She loves that type of thing.

Yep! I have both, plus a handful of the YA novels too. I know those are too old for her, but I can't help but try. :)
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

faithlessone

« Reply #1113 on: March 02, 2014, 04:45:02 AM »
A few days ago 4 year old DD saw a picture of Peyton Manning and said "I'm going to marry Peyton Manning when I'm a grownup!".  After stifling my laughter because she was serious I decided she'll figure out as she grows that for many reasons she won't be marrying Peyton.  We thought it was funny and cute though, and yes we live in Colorado.

My 5-year-old cousin is apparently going to marry all of One Direction when she's old enough. Not sure she quite understands how marriage works yet!

crella

« Reply #1114 on: March 02, 2014, 05:22:05 AM »
Too cute!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1115 on: March 02, 2014, 06:29:43 AM »
DS likes Kiss (the well known punk band). This morning:

Mummy Kiss! So I kissed him. Cue yells of Nooooo naughty Mummy. Kiss it iPad!

With it being, ya know, early and stuff, I'm really going to get that one. ;) at least the kid has good taste in music!!!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1116 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »

My 5-year-old cousin is apparently going to marry all of One Direction when she's old enough. Not sure she quite understands how marriage works yet!
Well, just FYI, my 14 yo daughter already has dibs on Harry Styles.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1117 on: March 02, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »

My oldest wants to marry her cousin when she grows up.  :)  Of course, I remember having a crush on a boy cousin when I was a pre-teen (and feeling so awkward, because, hey, illegal!), so I guess it's not so weird.  :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1118 on: March 02, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »

My oldest wants to marry her cousin when she grows up.  :)  Of course, I remember having a crush on a boy cousin when I was a pre-teen (and feeling so awkward, because, hey, illegal!), so I guess it's not so weird.  :)

I thought I'd marry a boy cousin as well when I was really little.  :) He was one of my best friends at the time though. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1119 on: March 03, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »

I thought I'd marry a boy cousin as well when I was really little.  :) He was one of my best friends at the time though. :)

Mine was just really cute.  :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1120 on: March 04, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
DS and I went grocery shopping together and he stealthily carried a bottle of mens lotion to the cart with the admonition that I not mention he picked it out. I informed him there was a bottle of the same lotion in the master bath as his dad buys it.  ;)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1121 on: March 05, 2014, 11:26:39 PM »
Six said she wanted to marry her daddy after I married him.  Again with the "not quite sure she understands how marriage works"...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1122 on: March 05, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »
This past Sunday, my youngest was taking communion and while he usually dips the host in the goblet, he'd put part of it in his mouth and I didn't want him dipping that in the wine so I encouraged him to eat it before the cup got to us. Now he's only ever tinctured, never drank the wine directly from the cup before.

So I admit, I was watching him partly to make sure he wouldn't dribble any but also to see his reaction, expecting a little shudder, but as soon as the cup was pulled from his lips I heard a soft "Ahhh!"

But then again this is the kid who kept trying to dip his binky into my sangria when bff was here last spring.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1123 on: March 06, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
This past Sunday, my youngest was taking communion and while he usually dips the host in the goblet, he'd put part of it in his mouth and I didn't want him dipping that in the wine so I encouraged him to eat it before the cup got to us. Now he's only ever tinctured, never drank the wine directly from the cup before.

So I admit, I was watching him partly to make sure he wouldn't dribble any but also to see his reaction, expecting a little shudder, but as soon as the cup was pulled from his lips I heard a soft "Ahhh!"

But then again this is the kid who kept trying to dip his binky into my sangria when bff was here last spring.

DS (2.5) calls my wine "water". DH's beer is "juice". He was recently on Facetime with my mum and told her that we sit down and drink juice and water. My mother will just think it's some part of our weekend routine, whereas in reality we take DS to local Fayre n Square pubs for a good Sunday lunch!!!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1124 on: March 06, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
PS Piratelvr, DS has tried to dunk his biscuit in my wine too.  Not quite managed it yet!