Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 206791 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1125 on: March 06, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
Six said she wanted to marry her daddy after I married him.  Again with the "not quite sure she understands how marriage works"...

My 4yo DD thought that when you get married, you become a princess. If you want to become a queen, you have to get married a second time--to the same guy, apparently.

And that's the age that when someone asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said, "a princess." Actually, I think it was when she was 8 that we realized we needed to address the "how realistic is this" concept.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1126 on: March 06, 2014, 01:38:21 PM »
My family runs a hobby sugarbush every spring, making maple syrup.  The workers are paid peanuts (literally!) and beer.  After collecting, we sit down with a mug of beer and a handful of peanuts.

When my youngest nephew was in Grade 1ish, his class was going to a sugarbush.  We were so concerned that he would try to be a know-it-all.  When he got home from school, my brother asked him how his trip was.  'It was OK,' he said, 'but there wasn't any peanuts and beer!'

(And no, we didn't let the 6 year olds drink beer - they got juice or chocolate milk.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1127 on: March 07, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
DD is 3yo and has a little pink, plastic, play laptop. Since she got it, she's been using it to do her "work." It is so adorable to see how serious she looks when she tells me she can't do xyz because she has to do her work.

This morning, while I was helping her get dressed, she was pointing to all the Princesses on her posters and naming them. She asked me the name of one, but I couldn't tell who she was pointing at, so I told her I didn't know. She immediately ran over to her little table and said "I look it up on my computer.....hmmm...Oh. It's Snow White."

She's also been "working out" lately. She and her 5yo brother found a set of 2lb weights. DS curls them, and DD bench presses them. It's so stinkin cute! She even breathes hard. Today I asked her why she works out and she said, "So I can be a big girl. I do this...and this...and then I a big girl."
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1128 on: March 08, 2014, 11:38:45 PM »
Twiggy, the Snow White story is adorable.  :)  I have kids who like to try to exercise when I do, too.  My 1-year-old's favorite thing is to climb on me when I'm balanced precariously, like doing a side plank or something.

I overheard my two oldest today.  Emily (7) said, "Hey, let's play Simon Says!  I'll be the Simon!"  Jenny (5), said, "And I'll be the Says!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1129 on: March 09, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »
A very nice lady sat next to us at church this morning, one who I met on Ash Wednesday and is married to one of the choir members.  After the nursery kids came in with those for Sunday school, I was holding my youngest on my lap and both our new friend and myself noticed he was sticking his tongue out and running it along his bottom lip.

She playfully reached for it but he pulled it back into his mouth and said "EWW! NO! NO! Dat's NASTY!!" She and I had to try very, very hard not to let our laughter and it took me a couple minutes of laughing before I was able to stop laughing.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1130 on: March 11, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
I was teasing my 5yo. He had asked for some milk, and I said, "No. I can't give you milk. You'll grow up big and strong and you won't be my little boy anymore. I know. I won't feed you anymore. Then you'll be tiny forever." He just looked at me and explained, "You have to feed me Mom. It's the law. Mom's jobs are to take good care of their little children. And anyway, it's ok. Even when I'm a big, grown up man, you can still be my mom. And even if I'm a hundred feet tall, I'll still, you know, love you."
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1131 on: March 15, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
Took the family to the playground today, and Babybartfast was throwing a royal fit about having to leave:

BBF: . . . and if you make me leave now, I'm never going to talk to you again!
Me and DH simultaneously: That's fine.
BBF:*suddenly in her normal tone*  Oh, mom, dad, which of you has a birthday next?
Me: I do.
BBF: Well then I'm not coming to your party!  *pause*  Unless you have really good cake.  Are you going to have cake?

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1132 on: March 15, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
Took the family to the playground today, and Babybartfast was throwing a royal fit about having to leave:

BBF:*suddenly in her normal tone*  Oh, mom, dad, which of you has a birthday next?
BBF: Well then I'm not coming to your party!  *pause*  Unless you have really good cake.  Are you going to have cake?

*snicker*

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1133 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Today, my 5-year-old was explaining about her favorite animals.

"My two favorite animals are giraffes and dogs.  Dogs because you can buy them from the store and have them as a pet.  Giraffes because they have purple tongues, which is my favorite color, and because you can't ride on them because you'd slip off.  So I could trick my friends and put a saddle on a giraffe and then they would slide off and we would all laugh, because you can't ride a giraffe."

crella

« Reply #1134 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:05 AM »

Ha,ha,ha~! Too cute!

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1135 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »

BWAHAHAHA! That's priceless!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

lilfox

« Reply #1136 on: March 17, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »
On the drive home from preschool today:

DD: "my unicorn's tail is broken"
Me: "It's broken? How is it broken?"
DD: "No, it's sproken!"
Me: "Ohhh, sproken, what does sproken mean?"
DD: "You know, it's all doinky and stuff."

Her teacher says she has a great vocabulary. I wonder if they count the invented words too?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1137 on: March 22, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »
Yesterday at the grocery store, the youngest pirate was saying something but I couldn't quite understand him at first cause he had his fingers in his mouth. Took a few repeats for me to realize he was saying "Get back 'ere young man!!!" I don't even know what brought that about but once I understood him I couldn't help but start giggling.   Which of course led to him saying it a few more times.

It also made one of the vendors laugh when I "interpreted" for him.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1138 on: March 24, 2014, 06:11:30 AM »
DS (2.5) decided he wanted sausage for his lunch yesterday.  He likes to take the food out of the freezer and give it to me to put in the oven (he is big on "helping" now). For some reason, he picked up the sausage and said "Hello sausage.  I eat you."

;D  He gets his craziness from his Mummy.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1139 on: March 24, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »
DS (2.5) decided he wanted sausage for his lunch yesterday.  He likes to take the food out of the freezer and give it to me to put in the oven (he is big on "helping" now). For some reason, he picked up the sausage and said "Hello sausage.  I eat you."

;D  He gets his craziness from his Mummy.

<snerk>
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah