Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 201418 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1140 on: March 24, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »
DS (2.5) decided he wanted sausage for his lunch yesterday.  He likes to take the food out of the freezer and give it to me to put in the oven (he is big on "helping" now). For some reason, he picked up the sausage and said "Hello sausage.  I eat you."

;D  He gets his craziness from his Mummy.

<snerk>

To add to this little "moment", when the sausage was cooked and DS was in his chair, he decided he didn't want sausage at all, he wanted chicken.  (He does this frequently). I said "DS, it is chicken." He looked at me levelly for a moment before stating quite slowly and clearly, "No Mummy...it sausage."

;)

He did eat the sausage, quite happily after a couple of moments of whining (when he realised I wasn't about to waste food and make him something else).
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1141 on: March 24, 2014, 07:28:32 AM »
As a continuation of Littlest Pirate saying "Get back 'ere young man!" at the store, it's quite funny to hear him chasing his brothers around the house saying "Get back 'ere young man!" When the next youngest is 9 years older than he is.

Even funnier when the male cat runs off and LP says "Get BACK 'ERE young man!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1142 on: March 24, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
As a continuation of Littlest Pirate saying "Get back 'ere young man!" at the store, it's quite funny to hear him chasing his brothers around the house saying "Get back 'ere young man!" When the next youngest is 9 years older than he is.

Even funnier when the male cat runs off and LP says "Get BACK 'ERE young man!"

That's just great lol!!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1143 on: March 24, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »
Heehee...one from this evening.  My oldest child is in the church choir so while he's doing that, middle pirate and littlest pirate hang out in the church hall.  We've been working on potty training with littlest pirate which is going pretty well.  Well he had to go so I took him to the ladies room, took care of his business, then power of suggestion hit and I had to go.

When I was done, he looks and says to me "Yay, you did it!" :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

lilfox

« Reply #1144 on: March 26, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
From the mind of DD that brought us "lava snakes," the newest version:

DD brought home a drawing of a red rectangle with blue scribbles all over.  I asked her what it was, and she said the blue scribbles were a storm and the red rectangle was a tornado filled with hot lava.  Lava-nado!

And now I'm pretty sure that every ridiculous monster movie idea really came from 4 year olds.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1145 on: March 26, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »
My 15 year old son is at the beach with his grandmother for spring break. I called him Monday night to ask how his grandfather's first day of work at new location went, and he told me fine. When I asked for details, this is what happened.

Son: Mom, you don't think I am spending a lot of time with my grandmother, do you?
Me: Well, do you want to come home? I can come get you.
Son: Mom, I'm having fun with my friends. *pause* And there are cute girls in bikinis.
Me: Okay then.

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
« Reply #1146 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:54 PM »
I have a friend that is heavily pregnant. Her son and mine are friends and we were visiting for a play date..

Son: Mom? Why is Ne's belly so big?
Me: Well, she has a baby in there.
Son: Oh, must be a big baby!

I may have died.

My son is 4.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1147 on: March 27, 2014, 08:33:48 AM »
Heehee...one from this evening.  My oldest child is in the church choir so while he's doing that, middle pirate and littlest pirate hang out in the church hall.  We've been working on potty training with littlest pirate which is going pretty well.  Well he had to go so I took him to the ladies room, took care of his business, then power of suggestion hit and I had to go.

When I was done, he looks and says to me "Yay, you did it!" :)

Remarkably similar to mine.  Only mine tend to be a tad more public.

Took DS to a coffee shop yesterday where he loudly announced that he needed "WEE WEE NOW MUMMY, NOW OK? NOW!" Somehow picking up on the urgency and panic in his voice, I rushed him to the toilet, and he went. Panic averted.  Then I went and he shouted and clapped in glee.  Yes, of COURSE there was someone waiting outside the toilet to go in.  However, the piece de la resistance was as DS was being strapped back into his buggy, he proceeds to tell the whole coffee shop "Mummy wee wee it toilet!!!" I remained quiet and just finished the coffee and left the establishment.

;D

"Mummy, nutnut it scusting." After a LOT of digging and a LOT of detective work, I gleamed that he had tried peanut butter in group and declared it thoroughly disgusting.  I have to say, I agree with him.  I'm far more a Marmite person.  Never have been able to stomach PB.  I also hate Nutella and any other nutty/chocolate type spread.   On the other hand, I can eat Galaxy Chocolate spread by the bucket load.  Looks like DS is going to follow in those footsteps too.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1148 on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
From the mind of DD that brought us "lava snakes," the newest version:

DD brought home a drawing of a red rectangle with blue scribbles all over.  I asked her what it was, and she said the blue scribbles were a storm and the red rectangle was a tornado filled with hot lava.  Lava-nado!

And now I'm pretty sure that every ridiculous monster movie idea really came from 4 year olds.

This would definitely explain Sharknado.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1149 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »
Ha ha. More Charlieisms.

1. "Grim".  This is actually a me-ism, because when I find something gross, I say it's "grim". So DS pooped his pants (TMI sorry!!), and immediately his reaction was "It grim, Mummy".  Rather so, yes.  That was toilet training accident #1 yesterday, after a week and a half of blessed dryness (ten days when our washing machine hasn't been on overdrive, giving Mummy the chance to actually catch up on...oh yeah, her and Daddy's clothes.).

2. Toilet training accident #2...wet trousers.
"Mummy, it no trousers". I just mm-hmmed absent mindedly whilst watching Mr Tumble (strangely fascinating programme about a man that likes to dress as a clown whilst doing Makaton sign language). I caught a glimpse out the corner of my eye to see DS actually remove his trousers, socks and pants.  I thanked my lucky stars we were at home.  "Why are you taking your clothes off?" I asked him.
"Wet trousers Mummy.  You wash.  Now." Ok...to reiterate his directive, he picked up the offending items of clothing and took them to the kitchen, dumped them right next to the washing machine and sang "Mummy, washing, now please."

Sometimes I feel like his personal slave.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #1150 on: March 27, 2014, 09:20:59 AM »
Time to teach him how to do the laundry! It really isn't too hard for him, despite all those "don't let kids play with the washing machines" signs.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1151 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
Time to teach him how to do the laundry! It really isn't too hard for him, despite all those "don't let kids play with the washing machines" signs.

We do on occasion lol!  He has to "help" with everything now, so it's a great time.  It just so happened that there was still stuff in there that needed taking out that I hadn't had chance yet to do, otherwise I would have done lol!! He puts the washing in, I tell him to stand back whilst I put in the "ball" of washing liquid and fabric conditioner, and close the door (I hate the idea of his fingers trapping!) I then get it on the correct programme and DS presses the green light! Hey presto, washing gets done and DS has "helped"!  :D  Good habits begin early, I believe!!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1152 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »

We do on occasion lol!  He has to "help" with everything now, so it's a great time.  It just so happened that there was still stuff in there that needed taking out that I hadn't had chance yet to do, otherwise I would have done lol!! He puts the washing in, I tell him to stand back whilst I put in the "ball" of washing liquid and fabric conditioner, and close the door (I hate the idea of his fingers trapping!) I then get it on the correct programme and DS presses the green light! Hey presto, washing gets done and DS has "helped"!  :D  Good habits begin early, I believe!!!

I agree! We haven't gotten to the laundry stage with Little Pirate just yet but when I'm baking, I'll fill up the cups with the flour or sugar and let him pour them in.  And if he makes a mess by spilling something I hand him a paper towel to let him sop it up.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1153 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »

I agree! We haven't gotten to the laundry stage with Little Pirate just yet but when I'm baking, I'll fill up the cups with the flour or sugar and let him pour them in.  And if he makes a mess by spilling something I hand him a paper towel to let him sop it up.

Went to the Pound Shop and boughtt some small cloths for DS so he can "help" me clean around the house.  In other words follow me, redo what I have just done and say "I help! I help!" like a broken record ad infinitum.

I like his bossiness, but I dislike being told I am "Naughty Mummy!" for wanting to hold his hand.  Yes, I am a naughty, evil Mummy but I still have to safeguard his best interests. So no, in short, I won't let you run. I can live with that making me a bit naughty.  8)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1154 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
We got front loaders just so we could get the kids to do the laundry.  Don't judge me.  :)