Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 213775 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1155 on: March 27, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
We got front loaders just so we could get the kids to do the laundry.  Don't judge me.  :)

The kitchen is out of bounds to DS when we are not with him.  There is a very heavy baby gate at the kitchen door which slams shut automatically.  Whilst annoying for us, it's a lifesaver!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Frog24

« Reply #1156 on: March 27, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
We got front loaders just so we could get the kids to do the laundry.  Don't judge me.  :)

Judgement passed... that's perfectly brilliant! 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1157 on: March 27, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »
When I tell a child to do something/ not do something, I'll say "Yes, ma'am?" The Little Pirate responds "Yes, pan."

It can be quite difficult to hold a stern face in response to a little voice seriously responding with "Yeth, pan"

He will also say "ROCK ON!" or rather "Wock on!" Yeah, try and guess where he heard that? ;) I'm trying to get him to say "Rock on with your bad self!" We're getting there. ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:16:45 PM by Piratelvr1121 »
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

turtleIScream

« Reply #1158 on: March 27, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
My 4 y/o son, the picky eater, was watching me make lunch today. He asked if I was putting lettuce on his sub. I told him no, because I know he doesn't like lettuce yet. He answered, "But I'll eat anything! (...pause...) Unless it's something I don't like!"
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #1159 on: March 27, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
Earlier today my daughter (1.5 years old) started saying "kitty-cat" while signing "eat" at the same time.  I'm hoping it's because she was looking at the cat's food dish, but maybe I should warn the poor guy just in case she comes after him with a fork.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Mal

« Reply #1160 on: March 28, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »
Earlier today my daughter (1.5 years old) started saying "kitty-cat" while signing "eat" at the same time.  I'm hoping it's because she was looking at the cat's food dish, but maybe I should warn the poor guy just in case she comes after him with a fork.  ;D

Are you sure she hasn't developed a taste for cat food?

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #1161 on: March 28, 2014, 11:30:24 AM »

That's a possibility--I have caught her sneaking pieces of his food in the past, which is why it's currently behind the baby gate.  Still visible, so maybe it was just too tantalizing.  ;)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Alli8098

« Reply #1162 on: March 28, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »
I mentioned to DD that it's almost time for her nap.  I told her that tonight I wanted to make popcorn for treat so she needed to have her nap today to get her treat.  She then informs me that we must have the popcorn for dinner.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #1163 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
Last night a relative was telling a story about something her daughter blurted out, and I didn't quite catch it (she was telling all of us, but I was in the kitchen), but I did hear the story she told after that.  Her friend has a little boy who is about four years old, and her friend had her son with her at the mall and they both had to go to the bathroom.  So, friend takes the boy with her into the ladies' room and helps him, then tells him to turn his back while she went. 

Well, he did turn his back, but he didn't stay turned, and asked with an appalled look on his face, "Mommy, where's your penis?"  His mother said, "I don't have one."  And he nodded, and said, "That's okay, Mommy.  I'll tell Daddy, and he'll get you one for Christmas."

*snerk*

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1164 on: March 31, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Someone on TV mentioned a "blood-thirsty monster" and brought this story to mind.

My younger brother, as a child, was rather timid.  He slept with his head under the covers so that the wolves that prowled the bedroom after dark and/or the monster under the bed couldn't get him. 

He heard the phrase above somewhere (probably TV) and in his little 6yo brain, it gave an even more terrifying dimension to the  under-bed monster.  It wasn't just a monster, it was a thirsty blood-monster!  He had nightmares for weeks. 

Now I can smile and say "poor little guy" but at the time I was mightily annoyed, because he kept waking me up and wanting me to come get in bed with him.  I was 7, and while I was pretty certain that there was no thirsty blood-monster under the bed, I wasn't willing to take that chance! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1165 on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
This was more "perfect timing" than anything said  ;D.

DH and I were watching a Godzilla movie, and of course, Godzilla is rampaging through a Japanese city.  Explosions, crowds running all about, roars, all of it.  Over all that din and just as Godzilla rears back to "death breath" something, DS booms "What's for dinner!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1166 on: April 07, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
DH had the day off this past Friday so we went grocery shopping together with the littlest pirate.  Now, we have automatic side doors on our van that slide back and Littlest Pirate has gotten tall enough that he can reach up and pull on the handles, though he's not quite strong enough to pull them back.  On our key fobs is a little button that will remotely open these sliding doors.

Well without really meaning to, DH remote opened the one LP was trying to open, so LP thought he'd done it himself and he started pumping his fists at his sides and saying "ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! AlRIGHT!!!!!!!!" I was laughing so hard DH kept saying "Breathe, dear..."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

katiescarlett

« Reply #1167 on: April 08, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »
My niece, Ella, is 9.  I was driving her to school on Friday, and she sneezed in the backseat.  I knew she was reading a book on her Kindle, and was absorbed in it, so I asked her if she had covered her mouth.  Nope.  I told her that was gross, and asked why not.  Her answer?  "That's just how I roll."

Nephew, Wade, is 5.  His newest thing is something he says if he is doing something he shouldn't.  If you ask Wade what he is doing, he will reply, "Trust me, Aunt Katie, I got this, you just need to trust me.  I got this."  Yeah, kid, it's when you want us to trust you that we shouldn't.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1168 on: April 08, 2014, 04:27:30 AM »
Last night putting DS to bed, I kissed him goodnight etc.

Me: Night night little Prince.
DS: No. No Prince, Mummy.
Me: Ok. What are you then?
DS: Charlie!!!!

Me: DS, take your finger out of your nose please, it's disgusting!
DS: Shhh Mummy, CBeebies [Kids' TV channel in the UK].

DH: Do you want to help Mummy by putting your socks on?
DS: No. No socks on. No socks today.

We did eventually get his socks on.  DH now understands never to ask DS a question again unless he's sure he wants to know the answer.  ;)
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #1169 on: April 08, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »

Or she has figured out the concept of adjectives. And is simply melding her languages.

I decided my DD was brilliant when she started using one finger of each hand to make "11." And a single plus two on the other hand for "12." And so on.

One hand was tens, the other ones. I didn't teach her that!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:57:36 AM by TootsNYC »