Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 199691 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1185 on: April 11, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
Youngest pirate's pronunciations really make me giggle at times.  He's trying to learn the names of the various Thomas the Tank Engine characters.

Thomas: "Tummus"
Gordon: sounds about right
Harold: Hawold

But when he tries to say Emily it reminds me of Nemo trying to pronounce "Anemone" and ends up "Nemonie" or Mememonie" and I'm tempted to say "Okay kid, don't hurt yourself."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

faithlessone

« Reply #1186 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:02 AM »
Youngest pirate's pronunciations really make me giggle at times.  He's trying to learn the names of the various Thomas the Tank Engine characters.

Thomas: "Tummus"
Gordon: sounds about right
Harold: Hawold

But when he tries to say Emily it reminds me of Nemo trying to pronounce "Anemone" and ends up "Nemonie" or Mememonie" and I'm tempted to say "Okay kid, don't hurt yourself."

Hehe, I'm Emily - for a very long time, my littlest cousin referred to me as "Anenemy." :D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1187 on: April 11, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
That's very  much like his pronunciation, actually! Anenemy! :) It's funny cause it's like he's testing it out and pronounces it differently each time.

Anenemy, anememy, amemeny...

There's a girl in our church named Emily and she's quite fond of him already because he's shown to be a Harry Potter fan, will "sing" Hedwig's theme (as in "doo de de doo dee dee doo, do dee dee doo dee doo...") tries to say "Swish and fwick" and will try to sing "Let It Go" from "Frozen".

So that he can kinda say her name is endearing him all the more to her.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

faithlessone

« Reply #1188 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
That's very  much like his pronunciation, actually! Anenemy! :) It's funny cause it's like he's testing it out and pronounces it differently each time.

Anenemy, anememy, amemeny...

There's a girl in our church named Emily and she's quite fond of him already because he's shown to be a Harry Potter fan, will "sing" Hedwig's theme (as in "doo de de doo dee dee doo, do dee dee doo dee doo...") tries to say "Swish and fwick" and will try to sing "Let It Go" from "Frozen".

So that he can kinda say her name is endearing him all the more to her.

Adorable!!!!

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #1189 on: April 11, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »
Youngest pirate's pronunciations really make me giggle at times.

The 5-year-old I briefly lived with had some funny prononciations.  My cat's name was Black Sabbath but he said "Black Savage."  He also said "oakmeal" for oatmeal.  One time he was talking to his mother on the phone and I heard him say "We have lots of am-in-uls in our house now because Hurricane moved in." ("Animals".  I had 2 cats, a chinchilla and a leopard gecko.)

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1190 on: April 11, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
A friend posted a pic of his 2 year old daughter on FB. She's looking pitiful and flushed and has a bandage on her forehead. He posted "I have bangdang on my head because it has a stomachache."

blueyzca01

« Reply #1191 on: April 11, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »
Youngest pirate's pronunciations really make me giggle at times.

The 5-year-old I briefly lived with had some funny prononciations.  My cat's name was Black Sabbath but he said "Black Savage."  He also said "oakmeal" for oatmeal.  One time he was talking to his mother on the phone and I heard him say "We have lots of am-in-uls in our house now because Hurricane moved in." ("Animals".  I had 2 cats, a chinchilla and a leopard gecko.)

My youngest sister always said “aminal.”  I wasn’t allowed to correct her because it was just too adorable and my mom knew that she’d outgrow it soon enough. 

So I say “aminal” and think of my lil sis every time.  It makes me smile.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1192 on: April 11, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
I had to laugh just a bit ago. Our male cat was laying on a chair in the office as I was sitting here on the computer, the Thomas matching game sprawled around him cause of course he's a cat and is going to sit on what someone's in the middle of!

Little Pirate picked up a card that had Gordon's picture on it and was trying to teach the cat to say the name.

Then, in trying to help his little brother clean up the cards once the cat cleared out, Middle Pirate managed a darn near perfect impersonation of Gordon saying "Oh, the indignity!" as he put him away in the box.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1193 on: April 12, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »
From earlier this morning:

*Littlest Pirate comes galloping into the room on a broomstick*
Me: Let me take that Liam, before you break something.
LP: MINE!
Me: You can't ride it now anyway, sweetie, too many muggles would see you.
LP: 'Kay! *goes to play with something else.

Just tickled me that he accepted that answer and went off to do something else.

chigger

« Reply #1194 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:06 PM »
OT, but I thought of you this afternoon, Pirate.  I was at CVS and watching a woman with two tweens and a toddler load thier car.  The way the middle child was holding and playing with the baby really warmed my heart.

On topic, my oldest daughter said "magicanation", instead of imagination.  I always thought it was more fitting.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1195 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
OT, but I thought of you this afternoon, Pirate.  I was at CVS and watching a woman with two tweens and a toddler load thier car.  The way the middle child was holding and playing with the baby really warmed my heart.

On topic, my oldest daughter said "magicanation", instead of imagination.  I always thought it was more fitting.

Funny you'd say that. I was at a CVS in D.C. today but it was with just the youngest pirate, as the older two were with DH in College Park, playing the pony version of Monopoly. I took the littlest guy on the train and to the museum of Natural History. :) He kept calling the dinosaurs "Cows".

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1196 on: April 14, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »
The nieces were in fine form yesterday when I took them to the park.

LittleN, while lying on a bench: "You have to take a picture of me because I'm a superhero!" I took an imaginary picture, which apparently is the Best. Game. Ever. Every six or seven minutes after that, both LittleN and BigN demanded imaginary pictures of them in various poses. We got some very nice ones of them in their best angry faces while on a stump.

BigN: "Tulips? I love tulips! Tulips are my favorite! Mommy grows them." "Bleeding heart? I love bleeding hearts! Bleeding hearts are my favorite! Grammy grows them." "I love daffodils! Daffodils are my favorite! They smell pretty." :) She took several imaginary photos of each of them.

Basically, she loves flowers. And pictures.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Frog24

« Reply #1197 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
I got caught up in a project at work, and was late picking up the kids from day care.  Well, the adrenaline rush from shutting down the computer, and driving to get them was still in full swing when I got home. 

We were making mac & cheese & bacon for supper.  I was chopping the bacon into bits when the edge of the cutting board slips over the edge of the counter and half the bacon falls to the floor.   Then, as I'm holding the bag of frozen peas, something boils over on the stove, and I let go of the wrong end of the bag, spilling peas all over the counter top.

Me: *sigh*  I'm having a bad day Froggy.
Froggy: Yeah.
Me: I think I'm going to move to Australia.     (per "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day")
Froggy: *giggle*  You should have a time out, mommy.
Me: You're right, I should have a time out.
Froggy: Yeah, you should have a time out, and calm down, and then come back here to clean up the peas. 

We meet each other's eyes and smile.

Froggy: Because you're a messy old grown up.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:39:47 PM by Frog24 »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1198 on: April 15, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
The peas time out is the best. I needed that.

lilfox

« Reply #1199 on: April 22, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »
Driving to work today, I was grumbling about not finding any gum in my purse.  DD asked me what I was muttering about.

Me: "Oh, I forgot to pack gum and I really wanted some.  And Daddy ate up all the gum that was in the car yesterday."
<pause>
DD: "I still like him anyway."