Author Topic: You KNOW You're an Adult When...  (Read 23142 times)

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
Re: You KNOW You're an Adult When...
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
That triple chocolate cake someone brought at work does not seem so appetizing either.

The pumpkin loaf seems much tastier than the chocolate cake.
I have pet mice!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »
That triple chocolate cake someone brought at work does not seem so appetizing either. 

Well, when you are over 50, it may resurface as a good wonderful thing.

SiotehCat

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »

The pumpkin loaf seems much tastier than the chocolate cake.

In that case, I might never be an adult.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
It dawns on you after wandering through Target that most of their accessories are very young looking, and the amount of jr. clothes seem to outnumber the amount of adult clothes.   And you notice you're not interested in wearing any of it. :P

Well other than the pj's cause Nick & Norah pj's are fun. :)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2010, 02:02:06 AM »
When you can eat roti or hamburgers for breakfast and when people ask why you just say, "Why not?" ... and they can't answer you!!!  ;D

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
...when you get a jam sampler in your Christmas basket along with the other treats. Kids don't get jam. They get cookies and candy and toys.

I got jam. I feel old now.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »
When the idea of getting to try a bunch of different kinds of jam sounds pretty good and you wonder how to get a friend to give you a jam sampler.  ;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2010, 08:46:16 AM »
When getting a blender for Christmas from your in-laws is a great present. :)   
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
I got dishes & silverware for Christmas - just what I wanted!  =)
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »
I got a Walmart gift card from my brother and I'm going to use it on stuff for the house. Our living room needs a lot more light and it's starting to drive me crazy. For example - I usually crochet at my computer and watch movies or TV online. The last couple of days, its been really cold, and the dog's been cold, so I've covered up in a blanket in the recliner with the dog under the blanket and watched Netflix on my Wii. Except that there is no light in my living room! The indirect light from the dining room and the lava lamps at the far end of the room just don't cut it :P

So I'm aiming for two matching lamps for either end of the room.

It's funny, three years ago when my FIL didn't bother asking for any hints and got me a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift card, I thought it was awful (I was living at home and had absolutely no use for such a thing and it was so clearly 'she's a girl, therefore she will like it' kind of thing), but now, I'd love it! I can think of at least a dozen things I could buy there now.

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
I got a coffee machine. I'm more excited about that than I am about the cupcake pyjamas.  :P
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »
I got a coffee machine. I'm more excited about that than I am about the cupcake pyjamas.  :P

I got a steam floor cleaner. I was so excited because it meant I didn't have to scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors on my hands and knees anymore.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
I got a Bed, Bath, and Beyond card for Christmas, and I used it to get a new crock pot since our old one is about to go over the western slope.  I got the old one at least 15 years ago - it antedates Mr. Sirius - and have used it at least twice a week since.  (I use it so often that it never is put into a cabinet; its home is the counter.)

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 10:14:06 PM »
I got a Publix gift card at one of those gift exchanges at a potluck where you can swap it for another one given your number. I think I ended up with the best present of the bunch.
I have pet mice!

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2010, 04:29:54 AM »
I got dishes & silverware for Christmas - just what I wanted!  =)

I got an electric frying pan!

And the entire box set of It's Garry Shandling's show!!!   ;D  :D
Stewart/Colbert '16