Author Topic: Low Carb recipes  (Read 908 times)

jamiescudder

Low Carb recipes
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:40:33 AM »
I'm trying to do the low-carb thing, but I'm getting bored with what I can have. Does anybody have good low-carb recipes they're wiling to share? I'd really appreciate it.

ImSusan615

Re: Low Carb recipes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:22:01 AM »
I've low carbed for years.  It's a lot better now than it used to be because there are low carb breads and pastas and tortillas that you can use.  That's helped tremendously!  I'll give you some ideas, and you tell me which ones you want more info on, k.

If you can find Dreamfields low carb pasta, you can do lots of stuff with that.  Get the elbow macaroni, and you can make mac & cheese.  Low carb penne pasta, and you can make chicken alfredo on penne pasta.  They make low carb spagetti, but you have to go very easy on the tomato based sauces because they're carby.

With the low carb tortillas, you can make wrap sandwiches.  I like ham and turkey with cheese and dip in ranch dressing.  You can also do chicken or beef enchilladas.  yummmm. 

Low carb bread makes good sammiches, and grilled cheeses are totally legal with it.  :)

I have a good way to do oven fried chicken.  I also roast chickens.

You can do a beef roast using Lipton's onion soup mix. 

Anything you want more info on, just holler.

Ygraine

Re: Low Carb recipes
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »
Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living Slow Cooker Recipes.  Dh and I have loved everything I've made from this book.