A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

"Miracle" products

(1/49) > >>

Cupcake Fiend:
Vinegar has become for me pretty much what Windex was for the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

I use the stuff for general cleaning, regular and diaper laundry and hair conditioner. (I went no-'poo in September and haven't looked back yet...though I do need to do some kind of more intensive conditioning treatment now that it's winter.)

So what is your miracle go-to product?

M-theory:
Palmolive. I've never had it fail as a stain remover, not even with dried-on grease or bloodstains, though it does require a special technique and sometimes take more than one attempt.

Ms_Shell:
Spot Shot!  I feel about it the way M-Theory feels about Palmolive - it's removed every stain I've used it for, including motor oil on a carpet and bloodstains.   

DottyG:
LOVE vinegar!  I, too, use it for everything.

And, don't forget it's compliment - baking soda.  Scrubs a sink better than anything else you can buy on the market.  Can use it to brush your teeth.  Use in combination with the vinegar to unstop a drain.  Deodorizes a litterbox.  AND, you can make cookies with it, too!  (Not with the litterbox one, though, of course!)

Delia DeLyons:

--- Quote from: Crow Girl on December 13, 2010, 01:30:45 PM ---Vinegar has become for me pretty much what Windex was for the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

I use the stuff for general cleaning, regular and diaper laundry and hair conditioner. (I went no-'poo in September and haven't looked back yet...though I do need to do some kind of more intensive conditioning treatment now that it's winter.)

So what is your miracle go-to product?

--- End quote ---

You know, the Windex w/ Vinegar became my miracle "get the dye from cat food yuks off the carpet" but now that you posted this, I'm thinking I'll try plain old white vinegar.

Also, welcome to the no 'poo world :-)  My hair has been fabulous since I gave up the 'poo in June '09.  My adjustment period was tough, but I was amazed when everything leveled out and get so many complements on my glowing curls  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version