Author Topic: "Miracle" products  (Read 16589 times)

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
Re: "Miracle" products
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
Mentioned in another thread but 100% pure Argan Oil.  I use a little bit on my face/neck every day and love how smooth my skin has been.

Has anyone used Charlie's Soap?  I read a review and decided to get some although I haven't used it yet - I've read really great things about it/

It depends on your water. We had soft water back at our old house, and it was really great there. Here, we don't have a water softener, and it's pretty bad water (mineral-wise; it's not unhealthy or anything). I switched to Country Save and really like it.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »
Oh, the Charlie's Soap I got is just for regular cleaning not laundry.  It's this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X0B0DO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
/Has anyone mentioned tea tree oil?  I love the stuff...it's great for breakouts and insect bites.

I tried tea tree oil to get rid of lice, and it just gave me a nasty rash, even diluted in shampoo. And the stuff smelt funky to me anyhow.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »
Since this has been revived-any tips for cleaning the outside of kitchen cabinets? They aren't food splattered or anything, just have that sticky residue that's oh so attractive. 

On that note-how about splattered milk stains (thanks toddler kid!) on wood furniture? Scrubbing with water, end dust wipes, Murphy's oil soap, etc. have yet to remove the  marks.

Have you tried baking soda and/or Magic Erasers?  I find Magic Erasers really cut through hand oil, you know, the grayish marks about hand height on the white door frames?  You could also try a bit of Bar Keeper's Friend, though it is a bit caustic.  DO NOT use it on your wood furniture, just try the baking soda or Magic Erasers for that.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

mharbourgirl

• I am what I am, not what everyone wishes me to be
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »
I use a "Magic" Eraser on my stove with warm water. No scrubbing or scratching. I love it!

vinegar/baking soda and water for cleaning my nonstick pans.  No soap residue. 

Magic Erasers are, well - MAGIC.  They are fabulous for cleaning the plastic bits in your car like running boards and things with scuff marks.

Also for cleaning non-stick pans, getting stains off stainless steel or porcelain enamel, cleaning the brown coffee/tea stains off mugs, casserole dishes with baked-on oil splotches, and stained plastic.  The only problem is that they're ridiculously expensive considering how quickly they wear out.  But if you go to a janitorial supply store and ask for melamine sponges, which is what magic erasers are, you can get a bag of 50 for less than $10.00 (CDN).  Prices probably vary.