Author Topic: "Miracle" products  (Read 16804 times)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Re: "Miracle" products
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
What are soap nuts??

http://www.maggiespureland.com/shop.html

I'm sorrry. I should have made the link go to the home page. If you look in the yellow menu in the left part of the link, it shows the other pages of the site and it is all explained very well on those pages.

Thanks! That is awesome!

I buy fragrance-free, dye-free, citric acid-free laundry soap. It is basically liquid borax, and it is expensive (the powdered borax doesn't melt in the machine, or wash well somehow). I'll have to see if I can get some soap nuts!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
Is there a solution of vinegar and water that makes it a good cleaner but not as odiferous?

I'm not sure, I suppose you could add some essential oil but I'm not sure if that would affect the cleaning ability.  Or just use a smaller amount of vinegar.

I've found the smell dissipates very quickly. I've even come to associate the smell of vinegar with clean.

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
Is there a solution of vinegar and water that makes it a good cleaner but not as odiferous?

I'm not sure, I suppose you could add some essential oil but I'm not sure if that would affect the cleaning ability.  Or just use a smaller amount of vinegar.

I've found the smell dissipates very quickly. I've even come to associate the smell of vinegar with clean.

Try apple cider vinegar. 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet...Epsom Salt.

As a laxative (mix a little with water or apple juice...it is way nasty, but very quick and VERY effective).

A friend of mine tried that when she was desperate because nothing else would work.

It worked very quickly..and very well..to the point that she refuses to use it ever again, no matter how miserable she feels. I think she used a bit too much epsom salt in the mixture.

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »

Try apple cider vinegar. 

Essential oils (lemon and orange in particular) can also help. But you still ideally want to do cleaning with ventilation!
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Miss March

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
I have been trying to drink a diluted cider vinegar mixture about twice a week for the last few weeks in an effort of improve my health. I hear a lot of good things about vinegar.

When we first moved in, I thought the kitchen floor was beige. Then one day I used "Greased Lightning" and great googly moogly! It turns out that I had a white kitchen floor! Seriously- I had gone months with the beige floor, mopping it with Lysol or Mr. Clean and never had a clue that it wasn't clean.
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

Spoder

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
I have been trying to drink a diluted cider vinegar mixture about twice a week for the last few weeks in an effort of improve my health. I hear a lot of good things about vinegar.

When we first moved in, I thought the kitchen floor was beige. Then one day I used "Greased Lightning" and great googly moogly! It turns out that I had a white kitchen floor! Seriously- I had gone months with the beige floor, mopping it with Lysol or Mr. Clean and never had a clue that it wasn't clean.

I've never seen this expression before today, and it makes me LOL like a lunatic.

That is all. Please, carry on.  ;D

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »
Speaking of epsom salt, we use that as a soak for cuts.  The salt helps with the healing and helps with keeping out infection.

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
We take epsom salt baths almost everyday.  Sweet Pattootie swears it helps for body aches.  When I've been doing a lot of walking and have been getting leg cramps, I notice that the baths help. 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »
Speaking of epsom salt, we use that as a soak for cuts.  The salt helps with the healing and helps with keeping out infection.

My mom uses it when her fingers won't heal properly. She has very poor circulation in her hands because of Raynauds disease, so sometimes her cuts don't heal very well and tend to get infected. An epsom salt soak can help speed the healing process along for her and helps the infections.

bobsyouruncle

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
This thread is great!  Being thrifty makes me happy & these are all such green tips I can't believe it!

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

My mom uses it when her fingers won't heal properly. She has very poor circulation in her hands because of Raynauds disease, so sometimes her cuts don't heal very well and tend to get infected. An epsom salt soak can help speed the healing process along for her and helps the infections.

I completely forgot.  When I married (the first time) and got my pre-wedding mani/pedi, the nail tech accidentally cut my toe.  After a day in wedding heels, the cut was really bothering me.  We'd headed straight to our honeymoon - hiking!  Luckily, we were staying at a lodge inside the park, so we picked up epsom salt on one of out few excursions outside the park.  It made a BIG difference.  My toe healed very quickly and stopped hurting after the first soak.

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »
I'm prone to ingrown toenails despite surgery, and I've found that a soak in supersaturated Epsom salt solution as hot as I can stand usually heals them right away.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet...Epsom Salt.

As a laxative (mix a little with water or apple juice...it is way nasty, but very quick and VERY effective).

A friend of mine tried that when she was desperate because nothing else would work.

It worked very quickly..and very well..to the point that she refuses to use it ever again, no matter how miserable she feels. I think she used a bit too much epsom salt in the mixture.

Yeah, I think the package says 1/2 teaspoon...about an 1/8 teaspoon works just fine IMO.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »
I'm prone to ingrown toenails despite surgery, and I've found that a soak in supersaturated Epsom salt solution as hot as I can stand usually heals them right away.

Both of my siblings have that issue (to varying degrees).  Somehow it skipped me. :P  But I can remember both of them spending some quality time with Epsom salt soaks.