Author Topic: Gwyneth Paltrow Mocks Lindsay Lohan on "Glee"  (Read 3255 times)

dizzygoround

• happy happy bunny
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Mocks Lindsay Lohan on "Glee"
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
I suspect that Dina saw the episode and simply leapt on the chance to talk to the press. Again. She should be thanking the Glee writers for giving her an opportunity for yet more cheap publicity.

And I don't think TV parodies are necessarily rude. If you're (in)famous enough, you should expect to be parodied. It would be rude, however, if the parody were racist, or picking on a disability, something like that, which this one clearly wasn't.

jennipooh97

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »
I think the fictional character made fun of LL.  There is a difference.

I completely agree.  I never miss an episode of Glee, and admit I laughed pretty hard at that scene.  Gwyneth's character was trying to connect with the kids by using a subject that they were familiar with to teach them, so it made complete sense.  Gwyneth didn't write the script so she's the wrong person to blame anyway.  I think Dina Lohan should focus more on getting her daughter the help she needs and less about what's happening on a fictional television show.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 04:58:19 AM »
Honestly, I think a lot of people have made good points here about the fictional character, Dina Lohan, and the writers, but when I first saw this title all I could think of was that I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow anyway.

She's given at least five major interviews in the past few years where she has talked about how awful Americans are, how we have no class, no manners, no dignity, and how she so much prefers the sophisticated, European lifestyle that she's found with her husband. The one time people really started to make a fuss about what she said (as far as I've seen), she insisted that she was translated incorrectly.

I'm tired of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Yeah, me too. Did you see the interview she did with Conan?  Enough said.  ::)
Stewart/Colbert '16

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »
Honestly, I think a lot of people have made good points here about the fictional character, Dina Lohan, and the writers, but when I first saw this title all I could think of was that I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow anyway.

She's given at least five major interviews in the past few years where she has talked about how awful Americans are, how we have no class, no manners, no dignity, and how she so much prefers the sophisticated, European lifestyle that she's found with her husband. The one time people really started to make a fuss about what she said (as far as I've seen), she insisted that she was translated incorrectly.

I'm tired of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Ditto. She comes off as whiny.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

cocacola35

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
I also agree with Rosey.  I've never been very impressed with Gwyneth's acting skills either.

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 03:08:25 AM »
That, and if you want "mocking LL" things, anyway, you just need to read gossip blogs. Like TheSuperficial, or DListed, or IDontLikeYouInThatWay. Those are pretty NSFW because they also like pretty ladies in bikinies (but what can I say, I am otherwise fascinated by the way everything gossip is handled on those websites) , but if Dina read them all, she'd probably faint since I'm pretty sure it's 100% worse than the Glee scene, if not more.
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

DCGirl

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
Jane Lynch of Glee was interviewed on Access Hollywood about it and was, I thought, very classy.  She didn't exactly apologize, but she did say that, having gone through recovery herself, she understood completely that Lindsay's emotions were very raw at this point and that she wished her well in her recovery. 

moonstruckSue

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
The only person who I believe when they speak about Lindsay is Lindsay. And even then, I take it with a grain of salt because of her addictions (addicts who are using aren't always honest) and the fact that she isn't as mature as one would hope.

Both of her parents have lied about her for attention/publicity for themselves or the other kids, and from what I've seen, a lot of the info "leaked" to the press comes from the parents or her "friends". I try very hard to ignore Dina, Michael and any other Lohan, really.