Author Topic: Conversations The Cats and I Would Have If They Could Talk: Feeding Time  (Read 5602 times)

Bluenomi

Re: Conversations The Cats and I Would Have If They Could Talk: Feeding Time
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
I leave the apartment every day with a, "by, babies! Be good!" and every day I swear there is an audible snort coming from Moose's direction.

I always tell Isis to be good and usually just get that look only cats can give. You know the 'whatever, I'll do what I like human' one  ;)

JadeAngel

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
Bye!  Have a good day--no wild parties!  I would say it when I left the house,

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this... every morning I leave the house saying 'no wild parties while I'm gone' - usually the Master of Disaster will deign to open one eye.

Mornings go like this.

Master of Disaster lands with all four paws and a mighty thump right on my breastbone.

MoD - Oh good you're awake.
Me - No, I'm still asleep (pulls covers over head)
MoD - (sticks his head under the doona) I think you're awake, you're making that squinchy face you make in the mornings.
Me - Fine, I'm awake. What?
MoD - I want to discuss the state of my food dish.
Me - What's wrong with it.
MoD - There's nothing in it.
Me - (throwing back the covers and getting out of bed) Oh for the love of... HEY! There's plenty of food in this dish.
MoD - (curling up in the warm spot under the doona) Is there? I didn't notice. But now that you're up you better get cracking, we have a full morning ahead of us. I'm going to nap here while you take your shower, and then I'll divert to the bathroom to lick the moisture off the shower curtain while you make your breakfast, and then i'll pick a couple of windows I want you to open the blinds for so I can sit on the sill and look out at the forbidden world on the otherside of the glass, and after all that I'll be so exhausted I'll need another nap. So hop to it, we've got lots to accomplish and not much time!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 09:00:30 PM »
I leave the apartment every day with a, "by, babies! Be good!" and every day I swear there is an audible snort coming from Moose's direction.

I always tell Isis to be good and usually just get that look only cats can give. You know the 'whatever, I'll do what I like human' one  ;)

Good to know I am not <that> crazy...I usually add what time I will be home too.  If I don't and I am late, I have kitties waiting at the door freaking out.  I swear they can tell time.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
One of the funniest cat/human interchanges ever in the description of this cat toy:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/pets/e16d/

HAHAHA!  One of my fierce beasts successfully hunted and slayed a mitten the other night.  Then he spent the next 10-15 minutes doing his victory yowl.  All at about 4:30 am.  I don't know what the mitten did to him but I'm sure it had it coming.

crankycat

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »
The little, white Cornish Rex that lives at my house whose house I live in, has my DH trained to do her bidding.  She is deaf, but has plenty of voice, and will mew loudly when things aren't just so.  It is bad enough that she eats and drinks out of Fiestaware bowls, but if the water bowl is not full enough for her liking, she will stand on the edge of the bowl and with a *thwack* wobble the water onto the floor.  My DH has been know to get up at 4 am to fix the unsatisfactory cat bowl situation. 

The two male cats aren't nearly this obnoxious/spoiled.

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »
Just because it fits so well with the thread topic...

...for those of you who are not already fans...

...I bring you the ultimate in "Feed me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

JacklynHyde

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »
This morning's dialogue with Pandora (the cat in my avatar) with a guest appearance by Rockhubby

Pandora: My dish is empty!  I'm starving!
Me: It's 5am and I'm on vacation.
Pandora: And your point is...?
Me: You need to wait at least another hour.
Pandora: I don't think so.  I'm hungry NOW.
Me: I'm tired now.  I will give you skritches and affection, but I'm not getting out of bed.
Pandora: I will take the skritches for a few minutes.
Me: [Falls back asleep in mid-skritch]
Pandora: [Decides she is hungry again and starts stomping on Rockhubby's side of the bed]
Rockhubby: CAT!  Go away!  Dear, do something about the cat.
Pandora: It's her fault!  I wouldn't bug you but she's letting me STARVE!
Me: I'M UP!  I'M UP! [stumble down the stairs to dump a handful of kibble in Pandora's dish]
Pandora: About time!  We'll repeat this routine in another two hours.  I'm penciling it in now.

Cutenoob

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »
Me, BF, Fuzzy.

Me: (comes home in the AM)
Fuzzy: Bonk! Mrow. Follow me to bed!
Me: Hi Fuzzy, heres some scritches.
Fuzzy: Bed! Follow me, now!
Me:  No, I'll be in bed soon.
*alarm goes off*
BF: Hi Fuzzy (zombie voice)
Fuzzy: Yay! Food unit is awake!
BF: (after shower) YES, HI Fuzzy. Yes, here's some scritches.
BF gets a bowl of cereal, sits at his desk.
Fuzzy: Hey. You, Food unit.  You got treats up there, hm? Gimme some.
BF: Just a minute, I'm eating.
Fuzzy: Ahem! I'm sitting here, wasting my precious nap time, twitching my tail to get some DARN Treats!
BF: munchmunchsnarf
Fuzzy: *reaches knees with paws*  Hey, you. Do I need to be blunt? GIMME DA TREATS.

BF:  drops down a handful of treats.
Fuzzy: *sniff* Hmph.  Not enough to my liking? Fine, I will eat these, but know you did not fulfill your Food Unit Contract.
Now put mushy food out for me also.

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
but know you did not fulfill your Food Unit Contract.

This sums up 50% of the communication between me and Fred the cat. The other 50% is pretty much him trying to make me open doors for him.

Food Unit Contract. What every cat has and what every human is trying to figure out.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2011, 02:45:35 AM »
I swear cats also have telepathic capabilities, it would explain a lot. Or they're just so stubborn, that you give in.

Wynken: Please feed me the wet food, fourth cupboard over, second shelf up, please.
Me: No, you have dry food in the dish.
Wynken: The dish is not worthy to serve me food in. Wet food please. (runs over next to cupboard and looks up at you and meows)
Me: No (proceeds to living room)
Wynken: Then I shall use my Power of Persuasion and make you give it to me. (Runs to doorway and stares at me)

Cue to being stared at by a cat for the next six hours before giving up and giving her the dang food. Nothing is creepier than a determined cat who stares at you without blinking for hours on end.

Lynnv

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:02 AM »
I swear cats also have telepathic capabilities, it would explain a lot. Or they're just so stubborn, that you give in.

Wynken: Please feed me the wet food, fourth cupboard over, second shelf up, please.
Me: No, you have dry food in the dish.
Wynken: The dish is not worthy to serve me food in. Wet food please. (runs over next to cupboard and looks up at you and meows)
Me: No (proceeds to living room)
Wynken: Then I shall use my Power of Persuasion and make you give it to me. (Runs to doorway and stares at me)

Cue to being stared at by a cat for the next six hours before giving up and giving her the dang food. Nothing is creepier than a determined cat who stares at you without blinking for hours on end.

Your cat says please?   :o  Wow-the boys just demand things.  :>
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein