Author Topic: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip  (Read 7491 times)

immadz

Re: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 12:44:58 AM »
I don't know if i believe reality tv is reality or that this is Kate's real personality. I think she is asked to act for the cameras and she performs.

I hate to say it, but is asked to act like what?  She seems to have all the charisma of a foot fungus.  I remember her complaining about her husband on the show before she/they got rid of him in such a ranty way that it was pretty obvious where that was headed.

I would say that she needs the money to keep rolling in (as does her agent) and they just put her into positions where they know she will act the way she acts.

IMO, she doesn't seem to have enough self-awareness to actually be performing.

Maybe she just is that good. If she has the personality of a foot fungus, (I like the term) and she is generally less of a spectacle who would finance her kids. Her behavior improves ratings for both shows which is why she is in demand.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:18 AM »
I don't know if i believe reality tv is reality or that this is Kate's real personality. I think she is asked to act for the cameras and she performs.

I hate to say it, but is asked to act like what?  She seems to have all the charisma of a foot fungus.  I remember her complaining about her husband on the show before she/they got rid of him in such a ranty way that it was pretty obvious where that was headed.

I would say that she needs the money to keep rolling in (as does her agent) and they just put her into positions where they know she will act the way she acts.

Maybe she just is that good. If she has the personality of a foot fungus, (I like the term) and she is generally less of a spectacle who would finance her kids. Her behavior improves ratings for both shows which is why she is in demand.

Eewwww, and what does that say about our society?  Ouch!

immadz

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 02:05:33 AM »

My theory: it is an indication of a fairly prosperous society - globally speaking. If we have so little drama/ so few obnoxious people in our own lives that we take pleasure in drama generated for our amusement - it can only be good. No?

Yarnspinner

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
Hmmmmmmmm...the last time something of this sort was the indication of a fairly prosperous society that had very little drama in its collective life, there were lions and gladiators involved, not to mention those pesky barbarians at the gates.  ;)

I dunno, given the choice between reruns of The Nanny and anything featuring Kate Gosselin or any other "realilty" star, I will be watching Fran Fine chase Maxwell Sheffield.  They don't behave well, either, but they seem to know how to go with the flow and how to be kind...and they are made up characters.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
Wow.  I'm not a fan of either family, but Kate definitely wins the Miss Rude pageant here.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

TheaterDiva1

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »
I didn't watch it (my DVR didn't record it for some reason)... does anyone know where I can watch the full episode online?  All I can find are clips.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
asked the Palin's daughter "Do you enjoy pretending to be homeless?",

Ok, so absolutely rude. But come on, at least it was witty.

I don't find it witty. I haven't watched the show, but Kate's comment still bothers me. There's a substantial homeless problem in Alaska. That is not something I would throw around as a joke. I'd love Kate to get an eyeful of the homeless in downtown Anchorage, who hide in overpasses, sleep on the railyard hill with just a newspaper for a blanket and agressively pan handle.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:22:49 PM by TeamBhakta »

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »

I don't know, but combined with the quote in the OP, I bet it's not long before we see "So you think it's easy to be homeless", where contestants are stripped of their credit cards and locked out of their homes for 12 weeks :-\

immadz

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
Hmmmmmmmm...the last time something of this sort was the indication of a fairly prosperous society that had very little drama in its collective life, there were lions and gladiators involved, not to mention those pesky barbarians at the gates.  ;)

I dunno, given the choice between reruns of The Nanny and anything featuring Kate Gosselin or any other "realilty" star, I will be watching Fran Fine chase Maxwell Sheffield.  They don't behave well, either, but they seem to know how to go with the flow and how to be kind...and they are made up characters.

That should be the tagline. Reality TV: They outlawed gladiators. Yarnspinner, thats genius!

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »

I don't know, but combined with the quote in the OP, I bet it's not long before we see "So you think it's easy to be homeless", where contestants are stripped of their credit cards and locked out of their homes for 12 weeks :-\

That's not a game show--that's reality!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »
Who would support her kids if she didn't go on tv and be rude and annoying?

I'm not sure - who supports children in families where no one stars on reality tv?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »
I suspect her kids would be better off with just about anyone else instead of her she's a trainwreck. What a nasty hateful thing to say to your children! She sickens me.

I didn't watch the show because I hate 99% of reality tv. I mean you all know this is Kate Gosselin we're talking about right? It's just what I'd expect from her. She's a nasty Female Dog.

Ed.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
  She seems to have all the charisma of a foot fungus. 

That made me laugh, for real.  So hilarious!

I've only seen this woman a handful of times; enough to know who she is.  I saw the special right after she had her kids where some plastic surgeon had offered her free reconstructive surgery after her delivery, and I thought she was a nasty piece of work back then.  I can only imagine how time and exposure have seasoned her.

What struck me, both back then and reading about her now, is that she just seems deeply unpleasant and like she is determined to be unhappy.  All the money and TV time in the world can't fix that.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 02:03:26 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the day the Gosselin kids become teens and Miss Thang starts reaping what she sows. I figure at least one of them will make Lindsay Lohan look Amish.

And there has got to be a tell-all book somewhere in all this.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the day the Gosselin kids become teens and Miss Thang starts reaping what she sows. I figure at least one of them will make Lindsay Lohan look Amish.

And there has got to be a tell-all book somewhere in all this.

I (jokingly) say the same thing about the Duggars.  I pick with my sister, who loves them, that my money's on Ginger (Jinger?) to live the life, write the book and sell the movie rights.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx