Author Topic: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip  (Read 7540 times)

goldilocks

Re: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
the first time I saw Jon and Kate + 8 was the night they announced their separation.

The kids were having these playhouses built.  Jon was supposed to clear the land for them, but Kate did not like the spot he had picked.  So, she whined, complained and finally convinced the playhouse person to have Jon change the spot.

So then, the installation is behind, and Kate says, "Well, Jon was supposed to clear the land, but he didn't, so I don't know what the deal is.

I thought then, okay she's a piece of work and he's a spineless weasel.

Peggy Gus

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
Let me say I am not a fan of Kate, but where he waqnted those houses really wasw a bad spot.It was in the woods and one of them would have to be with the kids when they played. I would have wanted them in the yard too, that way you could send them out to play and check on them through the window. It was a dysfunctional relationship on both sides, he was immature and she was a harpy.

djinnidjream

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »

When Sarah asked  how would she break it to the kids,  Ms. Gosselin just told them they were leaving. When some of the kids protested, she told them they would be Palins now, if they did not do as she said they could not be Gosselins any more.

Wait, what?  She really said that to her children?  I hope she's set enough cash aside for the shrinks these kids are going to need in the future.  I think I watched one episode of the Jon and Kate show- where they visited a crayon factory.  Not a very nice lady.

I think there is a huge difference between the Gosselins and the Duggars.  The Duggars treat their children with respect and it is obvious that their lives revolve around their children. The Duggar kids are well loved, well cared for and are content (and don't get kicked out of daycare at the age of 6).  Kate has shown her life revolves around keeping her name in the newspapers at any cost. Her kids seem to come second- or even further down the road than that.  She talks down to them and threatens to disown them?  Not Cool.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
I think there is a huge difference between the Gosselins and the Duggars. 

I agree with you, and, while I'm not on board with the whole Duggar thing for many reasons, I don't equate them with the Gosselin trainwreck at all.  It's apples and oranges. 

But my inner wicked self is watching for one them to rebel anyway.   >:D

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

goldilocks

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »
"Let me say I am not a fan of Kate, but where he waqnted those houses really wasw a bad spot.It was in the woods and one of them would have to be with the kids when they played. I would have wanted them in the yard too, that way you could send them out to play and check on them through the window. It was a dysfunctional relationship on both sides, he was immature and she was a harpy."

It's not that she wanted the houses moved - it's that she waited until he had already cleared the land, then he had to clear the new spot, and she's like 'Oh,I don't know why he's running late".

Jan74

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
I don't know if i believe reality tv is reality or that this is Kate's real personality. I think she is asked to act for the cameras and she performs.

Give the woman an Oscar then, after that "You can't have water" off-camera incident that made the internet. That is Method Acting, she stays in character even during commercial break.

And there has got to be a tell-all book somewhere in all this.

What-is-her-name, one of the older twins, the one that was denied the water and is constantly blamed for everything in that family, even by Jon in the post-breakup episodes, will be the one writing the Mommy and Daddy Dearest Exposť, I'm sure.

Who would support her kids if she didn't go on tv and be rude and annoying?

I'm not sure - who supports children in families where no one stars on reality tv?

Bwahahaha.

In Kate's case though, even before the reality show, it was definitely society at large supporting those kids, not the parents.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:42:34 PM by Jan74 »

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
The older girls are getting old enough to call her bluff and tell her they'd gladly become Palins where, whatever else you say, there seems to be a lot more acceptance of kids for who they are and what they do.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the day the Gosselin kids become teens and Miss Thang starts reaping what she sows. I figure at least one of them will make Lindsay Lohan look Amish.

CRUD MONKEYS!, that made me laugh. As if anyone could underclass their dad.

hjaye

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »
I could never stand Kate, even when it was Jon and Kate plus 8.  My SO liked to watch the show every now and then, I watched it once or twice with my SO, and I just never could stomach Kate.

I will never watch anything that has to do with her, I don't want to be any way responsible or keeping her on tv.

IrishGenes

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
I'm anxiously awaiting the day the Gosselin kids become teens and Miss Thang starts reaping what she sows. I figure at least one of them will make Lindsay Lohan look Amish.

Oh, please don't insult the Amish like that.  ;)  ;D
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."  ~ The Talmud

exitzero

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »

Oh, please don't insult the Amish like that.  ;)  ;D

It's ok, I don't think they read Ehell.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
I will never watch anything that has to do with her, I don't want to be any way responsible or keeping her on tv.

I feel the same way.  The sooner she's off television for good, the better.
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »
I watched the show the other night.  I'm not a KG fan, but *clearly* the woman was miserable.  I can't excuse all the muttering and complaining, but come on.  The conditions for camping were attrocious.  I say that and I am a HUGE camping fan, having camped in all kinds of inclement weather.

Some people just aren't, though.  She, apparently, is one of them.  I can't imagine how much more miserable she would have been if she'd chosen to stick it out and stay overnight.

I don't know why she agreed to do the camping trip.  Maybe she needed the money, maybe she thought the weather would be different.  Don't know.  But I can't fault her for wanting to leave when she did.  Sure, the kids were having fun at the time, but they'd only been there for lunch, and hadn't been in the cold and rain for 8 hours straight.  Come bedtime, the scene would have been MUCH different, I promise you.

Craftymom

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »

POD!

My best guess is Mady will be the wild-child and Cara will write the tell-all. (For those not familiar with the Gosselin kids, the two oldest ones).
I figure the little kids will not truly understand how abnormal their lives are until they are adults.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 06:01:54 AM »

CRUD MONKEYS!, that made me laugh. As if anyone could underclass their dad.

I think that Jon and Kate are neck and neck in that race to the bottom.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....