Author Topic: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip  (Read 7488 times)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
Re: Reality Show Rudeness: Gosselins dump Palins on camping trip
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »
I watched the show the other night.  I'm not a KG fan, but *clearly* the woman was miserable.  I can't excuse all the muttering and complaining, but come on.  The conditions for camping were attrocious.  I say that and I am a HUGE camping fan, having camped in all kinds of inclement weather.

Some people just aren't, though.  She, apparently, is one of them.  I can't imagine how much more miserable she would have been if she'd chosen to stick it out and stay overnight.

I don't know why she agreed to do the camping trip.  Maybe she needed the money, maybe she thought the weather would be different.  Don't know.  But I can't fault her for wanting to leave when she did.  Sure, the kids were having fun at the time, but they'd only been there for lunch, and hadn't been in the cold and rain for 8 hours straight.  Come bedtime, the scene would have been MUCH different, I promise you.

They could have left at bedtime then.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »
I watched the show the other night.  I'm not a KG fan, but *clearly* the woman was miserable.  I can't excuse all the muttering and complaining, but come on.  The conditions for camping were attrocious.  I say that and I am a HUGE camping fan, having camped in all kinds of inclement weather.

Some people just aren't, though.  She, apparently, is one of them.  I can't imagine how much more miserable she would have been if she'd chosen to stick it out and stay overnight.

I don't know why she agreed to do the camping trip.  Maybe she needed the money, maybe she thought the weather would be different.  Don't know.  But I can't fault her for wanting to leave when she did.  Sure, the kids were having fun at the time, but they'd only been there for lunch, and hadn't been in the cold and rain for 8 hours straight.  Come bedtime, the scene would have been MUCH different, I promise you.

I agree.  Whether or not she was cold (she didn't have gloves on--it couldn't have been that cold or she would have had them on) she didn't have to whine at all.

But, of course, I think that's what she is paid to do...

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
I watched the show the other night.  I'm not a KG fan, but *clearly* the woman was miserable.  I can't excuse all the muttering and complaining, but come on.  The conditions for camping were attrocious.  I say that and I am a HUGE camping fan, having camped in all kinds of inclement weather.

Some people just aren't, though.  She, apparently, is one of them.  I can't imagine how much more miserable she would have been if she'd chosen to stick it out and stay overnight.

I don't know why she agreed to do the camping trip.  Maybe she needed the money, maybe she thought the weather would be different.  Don't know.  But I can't fault her for wanting to leave when she did.  Sure, the kids were having fun at the time, but they'd only been there for lunch, and hadn't been in the cold and rain for 8 hours straight.  Come bedtime, the scene would have been MUCH different, I promise you.

I agree.  Whether or not she was cold (she didn't have gloves on--it couldn't have been that cold or she would have had them on) she didn't have to whine at all.

I agree bout the whining.  But waiting until bedtime to leave?  When all the kids are tired and cold and grumpy?  And the pilot was supposed to wait for them?

I'm not saying I agree with how she did it, but I can understand why she left when she did.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »

I agree.  Whether or not she was cold (she didn't have gloves on--it couldn't have been that cold or she would have had them on) she didn't have to whine at all.

I agree bout the whining.  But waiting until bedtime to leave?  When all the kids are tired and cold and grumpy?  And the pilot was supposed to wait for them?

I'm not saying I agree with how she did it, but I can understand why she left when she did.

What else is the pilot supposed to do?

I am sure that if she wanted to stay a couple if hours and he wanted her to leave that she would have thrown a fit.

The whole thing with her is just so annoying to watch.

She does what she does for maximum drama without really caring how her children or her hosts feel.

Seriously, if TV is your business and you sign up for something like this then you follow through, otherwise you're just a wimp.  Kate thinks she is such a strong woman--well, if she can't stand one night in a tent in Alaska, she's a wimp--because she signed up for it!  No one made her go.

When you are invited somewhere, you adjust your attitude and act like an adult--but I think that's asking too much of her.

She's more of a child than her children.

Whoever thought up the whole idea of her going camping has probably been fired.  >:D

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
There also is no reason to think the kids would automatically be cold and grumpy.  Apparently the Palin kids weren't.  Now, if she planted the idea that they should be cold and grumpy they might be but I don't think it is an automatic and when you are with people who are experienced campers they can probably guide you in making sure that doesn't happen.

ch1pch0p

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
Whoever thought up the whole idea of her going camping has probably been fired.  >:D

Are you kidding? Kate created so much drama, it made for a great show! That guy was probably given a raise! ;)

bobsyouruncle

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »
There also is no reason to think the kids would automatically be cold and grumpy.  Apparently the Palin kids weren't.  Now, if she planted the idea that they should be cold and grumpy they might be but I don't think it is an automatic and when you are with people who are experienced campers they can probably guide you in making sure that doesn't happen.

Kate's kids seemed like they were having a great time  - Kate seemed like the only unhappy one.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »

Are you kidding? Kate created so much drama, it made for a great show! That guy was probably given a raise! ;)

That's my thought as well.  He/she probably got a huge raise or bonus.  Or at least high-fives from the boss.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
Wow.   I am so glad I didn't catch this!   While I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, she and her family still showed more class than Kate did.   Ok granted it apparently doesn't take a lot to have more class than Kate Gosselin, but it sounds like her kids were having a great time and the Palins sound like they know how to host a good camping trip and enjoy the outdoors.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »

Kate's kids seemed like they were having a great time  - Kate seemed like the only unhappy one.

Which is why she showed her butt. If Kate ain't happy, nobody's happy....I absolutely despise people who can't roll with the punches a bit to make a fun day for the kids. I hate extreme heat but you bet your bippy I'll be out on the minigolf course this summer because it totally rocks my kid's socks.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:59 PM »
I just saw that episode.  I kept telling Kate that she wouldn't be so darn cold if she actually went near the heat source.  It wasn't raining THAT bad.  Of course, I live in Oregon, so perhaps that sways me a tad.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
But...but...but, if she went near the heating source, she wouldn't have anything to whine about!!!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 12:51:38 AM »
"Go into the light!  All children, go into the light!  There is warmth and peace in the light!"

(Sorry,oddly I felt like quoting the movie Poltergeist right now!   >:D
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:01 PM »
Imagine the fuss she would have made had they suggested that maybe they could watch the kids for the camping trip and she could go "rest" at the hotel. I just know it would have been a variant of "But the chiiiiildren neeeeeed meeeeee!"

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »

Which is why she showed her butt. If Kate ain't happy, nobody's happy....I absolutely despise people who can't roll with the punches a bit to make a fun day for the kids. I hate extreme heat but you bet your bippy I'll be out on the minigolf course this summer because it totally rocks my kid's socks.

Amusement parks in August are like kryptonite to me, but I went, hat on head, water bottle in hand.