Author Topic: Have a Laugh at My Expense  (Read 1110 times)

RhetorToBe

Have a Laugh at My Expense
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
I was running errands on Friday, which involved making a deposit at the bank and stopping at the grocery.  I had my deposit slip filled out and my grocery list on a sticky-note.

I went to the bank first, sent my paperwork through in the drive-up canister.  I didn't notice, of course, that the sticky-note had attached itself to the back of the deposit slip...

...until it was sent back to me in the canister, attached to my receipt.  Among the random, benign items (bread, apples) was GAS PILLS, IN CAPS and underlined so I wouldn't forget, as I rarely go to the medicine aisle of the store.   ;D :-[ ;D

I hope the cashier got a giggle out of it...I know I would if I were in his place.  My husband certainly did!

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Have a Laugh at My Expense
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
well now -- Gas Pills are the alternative energy source for your car

one pill and water and BOOM -- full tank of gas

sorry about your day
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

RhetorToBe

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

sorry about your day

Oooo - good point!  I don't have indigestion - I'm eco-friendly! 

No "sorry" necessary (though thanks!).  I had a moment of blush, then a bunch of hysterical laughter.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 01:12:43 AM »

;D ;D ;D
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

MizB

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:15:43 AM »
I'm glad that you got a laugh out of that. I think it sounds humorous.  I would probably still be embarrassed.  :D
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Julep

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »
Ha, this reminds me of when I had a boss who regularly asked me for breath mints. I got to where I'd buy several packages (the plastic container with a little hinged snap lid) when I went to get the office coffee and stuff, on their dime. He wouldn't keep them on his self, had to ask me. So I was used to it, no big deal, always had them in my purse and drawer and other spots.

One day I was on a rather intense phone call when he came up and mouthed "breath mint?" I absentmindedly reached in my purse and pulled out the rattly bottle and handed it to him. It was a moment before I realized he was still standing there, and when I turned to him, he handed back my bottle of Bean-O.  :-[ 

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
Along the same lines, Mr. Thipu had a minor problem some years ago.

We were going to have hummus for dinner.  He had a great recipe but I was home making the meal and didn't have it.  I Emailed him for the recipe and received it.  Unfortunately, so did everyone else in his office.

Mr. Thipu's boss was nice about it.  He sent the following message, "It sounds delicious but why are you spreading the Gospel of hummus?"

phred246

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
At least I'm not the only one who thought GAS PILLS referred to a car!
Work fascinates me! I can stare at it for hours!

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
Some years ago, we were doing a bead show down in southern CA. At about 10am, I realized that something I ate wasn't agreeing with me, and I had to run off to the bathroom. And again, and again. It was really buzy, and only the two of us, so I couldn't leave to go find a drug store. My partner came back from a short smoke break with immodium! He had mentioned my dire need to someone, who just happened to have some on her.

Near the end of the day, were winding down with last of the sales and a woman come up (a complete stranger) and announces "Oh, YOU'RE the one with DIARHEA!" :P

Probably about 20 people turned to look. All I could was smile and wave at them: Hi! Yep!, that's me! :D

Coralreef

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
Some years ago, we were doing a bead show down in southern CA. At about 10am, I realized that something I ate wasn't agreeing with me, and I had to run off to the bathroom. And again, and again. It was really buzy, and only the two of us, so I couldn't leave to go find a drug store. My partner came back from a short smoke break with immodium! He had mentioned my dire need to someone, who just happened to have some on her.

Near the end of the day, were winding down with last of the sales and a woman come up (a complete stranger) and announces "Oh, YOU'RE the one with DIARHEA!" :P

Probably about 20 people turned to look. All I could was smile and wave at them: Hi! Yep!, that's me! :D

You know, that could be a good TV ad.

[/right

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:23 PM »
I've told this story before, but it fits.

I was making some copies next to the Customer Service window of the Admissions Office at the hospital where I used to work, when this very handsome Navy officer in a white dress uniform comes over and asked me if he could borrow a pen.  I stuck my hand into my purse and rummaged about, and pulled out...my tire gauge.  We all had a good laugh and I got him a pen. 

(I realize this could have been worse, but hey, give me a break - I was confronted by a man who looked like vintage Cary Grant in a white officer's dress uniform, and my brain had shut down completely.  If he'd asked me my name I would have had to look at my employee badge.)