Author Topic: Throwing your own baby shower?  (Read 2690 times)

chigger

Re: Throwing your own baby shower?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »
My SIL threw her own baby shower.  She had a history of miscarriages, and lost a baby at 7 months pregnant, so MIL and other SIL's told her they'd have the shower after the baby came (I know MIL is not supposed to host the shower, but that's the way they are).  This was not good enough for her--she wanted to be the center of attention, not the baby.  So she had her own shower!!  Tacky!!

Perhaps MIL was afraid something bad would happen and having alot of gifts around would be a sad reminder for the DIL.

CelticGemini

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 01:07:53 AM »
You aren't missing anything, you really do have a great gimme pig nominee.

Can I nominate my SIL as well? She did the exact.same.thing.  :o Threw a huge baby shower for her first baby, sent out invitations with the registry cards included (just in case we didn't get the hint that this was a gift grab) and never sent thank you notes. ::)

Real Live Mermaids!

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
Perhaps MIL was afraid something bad would happen and having alto of gifts around would be a sad reminder for the DIL.
[/quote]

Chigger, you are exactly right.  NO ONE was trying to give the mom to be a "slap in the face" by not having a shower for her before the baby was born.  But having a houseful of gifts and no baby would be a tragedy, so MIL told SIL right off the bat that the shower would be after the baby was born (also, that way people could give gender-appropriate gifts).

The point of my post was that the MTB wanted HERSELF, not the baby, to be the focus of the shower, which is why she had her own shower before the baby was born.  She didn't want to be passing the baby around and not have people not pay attention to her.  We all held our breath for a healthy delivery, which she had!

Sorry if I didn't make that clear initially.  This woman is a true entitlement princess and could have her own category!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:47:14 AM by Real Live Mermaids! »

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »

Well this is why they make registries!  That way she won't be burdened with any sub-standard rubbish.  ::)

Lol.. I likey how you thinky.