Author Topic: Schoolgirls are nasty!!! (And a frog)  (Read 1299 times)

Nemesis

Schoolgirls are nasty!!! (And a frog)
« on: December 28, 2010, 11:40:59 PM »
This happened many years ago when I was in high school (I went to a girl's school). We were taking biology class, and learning about anatomy. During one of our laboratory sessions, we were required to dissect a fish. All of us did it and showed them to the teacher. She proceeded to grade us, and returned to the board to teach us about frogs.

One of the girls yelled "We should dissect frogs!!!". The teacher said, "Look, we have frog kits which you will use to learn about this. You don't need a real frog". Some of the more adventurous girls were grumbling loudly at the back of the class.

And suddenly, a tiny frog hopped into the class. :o

We were on the THIRD floor! I don't know what the frog was doing there, but there it was hopping in through the front door as if on cue. There was total silence in the class for a few minutes as we all (agape) watched the frog hop in. Even the teacher had her jaw on the floor. None of us could believe this was real or that we weren't on Candid Camera.

The frog hopped and hopped until it reached one of the legs of the teacher's table. And sat there.

And then MAYHEM  >:D >:D >:D. The girls started running like monkeys after the poor frog (who was only the size of our palm). The frog darted left and right while the teacher banged the table fruitlessly in a failed attempt to return order to the classroom. Girls were shrieking and jumping on tables and chairs (afraid of the frog), girls were chasing the frog, girls were cheering the ones chasing the frog and girls were making fun of the other girls on the tables and chairs. It was insane.

Finally after 10 minutes, they caught the frog.

Order was restored.

Then the girls who caught it asked the teacher for permission to dissect the little frog. The teacher (trying to look stern) told us that the frog was too tiny to be of any use to our knowledge. She took the frog away from the girl and told us to concentrate on our frog kits.

No one could work that day.

We named the frog "Hoppetty". Hoppetty was released into the school field that very afternoon, to the relief of some of the girls.

Some girls continued to hunt for him during Physical Education classes. They were unhappy that they never got to dissect Hoppetty that fateful day.

Conclusion: Schoolgirls are nasty. Save the frogs.

2littlemonkeys

Re: Schoolgirls are nasty!!! (And a frog)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
*snerk*  I love science but I am glad the frog got away.   ;)

My biology lab did a dissection in college.  My lab partner was one of my guy friends and he was doing everything he could to gross me out (hard to do, especially since I grew up with boys who's shenanigans made me somewhat immune to grossness).  Finally, at the end of the lab, I was putting my notes away.  Suddenly, I felt something tapping me in the back of the head.  I turned around and got kicked in the forehead by a frog leg.  My LP was pulling the tendon to make him kick.

I just rolled my eyes, said "See you later Joe." and left for the next class, LOL

Coralreef

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
That reminds me.  In college, we were doing the dissection stuff, working our way through worm, frog, shark and then piglet.  On piglet dissection day, we decided to head to the cafeteria for lunch: the item of the day was pork stew.   ;D

[/right

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:20:24 AM »
Reminds me of first year zoology at University. Our tutor (during the frog dissection practical) was telling us about a student from the year before who was already freaked out about having to dissect anything. When the frogs were laid out, she had persuaded her lab mate to do the hands on part of the dissection, since she didn't want to touch it. We had been warned that [gross bits in yellow -->] because the frogs were freshly euthanized, sometime the heart can continue to irregularly beat for up to an hour on its own after the frogs' actual death, but that the frogs themselves were totally stone dead. The squeamish student thought she saw the opened up frog's heart beat and FREAKED OUT, picked up the frog and threw it at the tutor's head! The tutor is thankful he had fast reflexes and didn't end up with a face full of dissected frog.
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
Not about a frog, but I have to say, the filthiest jokes I've ever in my life heard came from my fellow Catholic school girlfriends. So, yeah, I totally agree with your title ;)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
When we did fetal pig dissections in high school biology, it was over the course of 2 or 3 classes.  One set of girls brought in some nail polish and painted all their pig's toes - and then discovered it was a boy as the dissection advanced!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:03:36 PM »
When we did fetal pig dissections in high school biology, it was over the course of 2 or 3 classes.  One set of girls brought in some nail polish and painted all their pig's toes - and then discovered it was a boy as the dissection advanced!
Just because he's a pig doesn't mean he can't be fabulous.  ;D
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:09 PM »
Back in my highschool days, our Biology teacher inheritied a lab that had some resident rats.
This teacher wasn't at all fond of rats, and he was quite happy to have my lab partner and I volunteer to take care of them for the semester.

One of the course requirments was that we had to devise and conduct a major experiment.

When one rat had a litter, we decided to do an experiment on how the vision centers develop in rats.
The experiment was a bust (although it did cause us to coin our now infamous phrase "It's got eyes! Put it back!")

In any case, we spent the semester caring for "our" rats.

Near the end of term, we noticed that one of the rats had developed some tumours.
The teacher decided the best course of action was to humanely euthanize the rat.

We were okay with that, but (much, I think, to his surprise), we asked if we could dissect the rat afterwards.

Our classmates never knew what to make of the fact that two of us would beg to spend our lunch hour diseccting our rat.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
Poor frog.  I'm glad it survived.

But yeah, I think it's gross and nasty that people would want to dissect live animals.  And clearly it cuts across all demographics.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

NixNac

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:54:39 PM »
In high school I always tried to refuse to dissect animals but the teacher would say they would give me an F if I didn't do it.
I actually just really can't stand the smell, it made me extremely nauseous and want to puke. I will not allow my own child
to dissect animals, if they are threatened like I was then I will go down to the school and cause a scene. chrysalis school montana
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:14:59 AM by NixNac »