Author Topic: Short sale?  (Read 3943 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Short sale?
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
Our house has good bones. I love the woodwork that is part of the house, as it's very typical of a 1920's craftsman bungalow and it did come with window treatments, some of which I am going to replace.  The windows that got replaced weren't broken, just very, very outdated.  They even had the original pulleys on them, which I did hold onto. 

We often joke that there is not a straight line in this house though, and is one of the quirks of an older home.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
Update: got word this week that the appraisal has been ordered. How long can that take, just out of curiosity? Also, I'm expecting that if the bank is going to counter-offer, it will do that after the appraisal. Am I right ... or confused?  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
Our house has good bones. I love the woodwork that is part of the house, as it's very typical of a 1920's craftsman bungalow and it did come with window treatments, some of which I am going to replace.  The windows that got replaced weren't broken, just very, very outdated.  They even had the original pulleys on them, which I did hold onto. 

We often joke that there is not a straight line in this house though, and is one of the quirks of an older home.

I'm so jealous!  I LOVE this style of house. My parent's house in NJ where I grew up was a craftsman bungelow style, built in 1917. Sadly, the idjit who bought it tore it down completely, and built a new, behind-ugly mini-mcmansion there. 

I had the last laugh though; he only had permits to remodel, NOT completely demolish and start over. But he claimed it was necessary as there was "damage". Town said "oh no, you don't have the right permits, so you must stop work, apply for the proper permit, get it approved and THEN, if you are, you can begin agian"

And since the lot was so small, he couldn't expand out at all, only up, so the new house (I went to the open house) was smooshed into the lot. and a two car garage had become one. It still sold for $1.5million as it was within walking distance to the train station, and commute to NYC.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
It makes me so sad to visit my SOs family in NJ. They live in a town that has some drop-dead gorgeous old homes. And right next to these gorgeous old homes are lots that used to have pretty old homes that needed maybe a little reno that are now instead ugly new homes.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
I have an etiquette/procedural question here.

BG/The appraisal was ordered and completed a couple of weeks ago. My realtor has been trying to find out the results, but somebody at the other end didn't attach the appraisal to the file so last I and my realtor knew they were trying to find it. And then, nothing. end/BG

Some people have said casually that I should be calling the bank to find out what's going on. Is that advisable/polite (as in, considered part of business?) I feel like I'm constantly bugging my realtor to find out what's going on, but I don't know if it's considered polite/done for me to circumvent her, the seller's realtor etc and go straight to the bank. It's not because I don't trust my realtor, it's because I think somebody at the bank isn't quite doing their job and I have more at stake to 'pester' them than anybody else does. Plus all this waiting is ramping up my anxiety, which is never good.

Can Ehellions advise me on the protocol here?
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.