Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Needing Help with Ideas for a Hostess Gift

(1/2) > >>

AngelicGamer:
Hey everyone:

I'm going to be visiting a friend for a weekend who is being the host for a somewhat combined birthday bash for a friend and I.  I'm having trouble with figuring out what to give her as a hostess gift because I usually bring a bottle of their favorite wine.  I'm traveling by bus and I doubt I can bring booze onto a bus or have it packed in a suitcase.  I've thought about getting her a gift card for a wonderful chain of bookstores where I work, but it doesn't seem personal enough to be a good hostess gift.

So, does anybody have some good ideas for a hostess gift that can be brought on a bus while crossing state lines? 

AprilRenee:
hmm I would think you could bring wine in luggage, but then again, I have no idea if you can or not :P

Hmm, does she collect anything?

AngelicGamer:

--- Quote from: AprilRenee on June 24, 2007, 02:13:53 AM ---hmm I would think you could bring wine in luggage, but then again, I have no idea if you can or not :P

Hmm, does she collect anything?

--- End quote ---

She does collect dice.  I could get her a nice D&D dice set, which is very easy to transport and I know she'd like.

carolcard:
There are so many things that make nice hotess gifts. I was wondering about a floral arangement sent after you leave with a card thanking her for the wonderful time you had.

If a gift card is to impersonal why not buy her a book you think she would enjoy.

Sibby:
Aside from it being heavy I see no reason why you can't bring wine.  However if you don't want to risk it perhaps a local food (for example I as a NYer have been known to bring people bagels since outside of NY and certain parts of FL you really can't get a "real" bagel). 
The book gift card is a great idea and if too impersonal perhaps add to it a nice set of bookends as small home furnishings/ojects d'art are pretty traditional gifts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version