News:

• February 22, 2018, 03:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kid's Party invite wording needed  (Read 17442 times)

Roe

Re: Kid's Party invite wording needed
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
Are you expecting the parents to stay? If so, then I think you need to pay for them. And at 6, I doubt most parents would be okay with only one set of parents watching 20 kids.

Pod.  I also think 6 is too young for parents to drop them off at the local pizza buffet place.  As a parent, I would stay.  However, I certainly wouldn't expect the parents to feed me but if they offered a drink, that would be nice and appreciated.   :)

rashea

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
Are you expecting the parents to stay? If so, then I think you need to pay for them. And at 6, I doubt most parents would be okay with only one set of parents watching 20 kids.

Pod.  I also think 6 is too young for parents to drop them off at the local pizza buffet place.  As a parent, I would stay.  However, I certainly wouldn't expect the parents to feed me but if they offered a drink, that would be nice and appreciated.   :)

I got that idea from people in this thread: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=84608.0
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

shhh its me

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:04 AM »
  At six I would expect a parent to stay , but not to bring uninvited siblings.  The parents(except maybe 1 or 2) always refused food until the kids had all eaten and started playing if there was any left then they would have a slice of pizza , I did have drinks for all the parents and was able and ready to feed them if they wanted.

At six about 3/4 of the parents stayed ,some of those brought their neighbos child too so some parents accounted for 2 guests children. So 20 kids and 10 parents. Note the parent that had brought 2 kids both were invited, they just car pooled/babysat.