Author Topic: Kate Middleton wears black to a wedding  (Read 16414 times)

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
Re: Kate Middleton wears black to a wedding
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 02:22:54 AM »
I just happened to see this dress in a yahoo article - she was being criticized not because it was too black but because it was too racy

Wait...whaaat? I personally fail to see how it can be considered "racy".

I agree that she could have gone with something a bit less conservative.

Exactly ;)

Soo..there are people out-there who see exactly the opposite problem? :P
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 03:41:02 AM »
It looks a lot less funereal on those photos than on the ones I saw.
NE England

ClaireC79

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:02 AM »
I hadn't seen the front shot before and up till then I was thinking funeral

Jan74

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:02 AM »
Yeah the velvet thing is a matching coat. Everyone was in coats.

She is still dressed nicer than Beatrice, even though it is black. So I guess that is something.  ;D

Wendy Moira Angela Pan

• Formerly Ms. Wendy
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »
I just happened to see this dress in a yahoo article - she was being criticized not because it was too black but because it was too racy

Wait...whaaat? I personally fail to see how it can be considered "racy".

I agree that she could have gone with something a bit less conservative.

Exactly ;)

Soo..there are people out-there who see exactly the opposite problem? :P

It's got a sheer panel in front that's cut almost to her navel.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »
I've noticed ;) Didn't seem all that racy to me
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
I'd love to see what it looked like without the overjacket. For one thing, it looks grey, and not black, and I'm wondering if it was sleeveless? Which would be way more appropriate for the dinner and dancing part of the affair than long black sleeves.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »
I'd love to see what it looked like without the overjacket. For one thing, it looks grey, and not black, and I'm wondering if it was sleeveless? Which would be way more appropriate for the dinner and dancing part of the affair than long black sleeves.

I agree.  It's really, really hard to judge someone's entire outfit when said entire outfit is covered by an overcoat.  Just throwing that out there...

And I have to say that generally, to me, "conservative" and "sheer panel nearly to her navel" aren't generally terms that go in the same sentence unless there's a "not" in front of that first one.  ;D

DangerMouth

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »

I agree.  It's really, really hard to judge someone's entire outfit when said entire outfit is covered by an overcoat.  Just throwing that out there...

And I have to say that generally, to me, "conservative" and "sheer panel nearly to her navel" aren't generally terms that go in the same sentence unless there's a "not" in front of that first one.  ;D

Well to be fair (to me :D), you can't really see that it's a sheer-to-the-navel panel from the pics posted. I'll take everyone's word that it was, of course, but from the pics I saw, it looks pretty conservative :)

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »

Well to be fair (to me :D), you can't really see that it's a sheer-to-the-navel panel from the pics posted. I'll take everyone's word that it was, of course, but from the pics I saw, it looks pretty conservative :)

I was judging by the rough location of that broach on the overcoat -- it was probably a good couple of inches above her navel but it appears to be, from the photos, where the sheer panel ends.  I really, really wish there were some photos of the dress without the coat.  I'd genuinely like to see it.

DangerMouth

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »

I was judging by the rough location of that broach on the overcoat -- it was probably a good couple of inches above her navel but it appears to be, from the photos, where the sheer panel ends.  I really, really wish there were some photos of the dress without the coat.  I'd genuinely like to see it.

I guess my point was that it's impossible to tell that it's a 'sheer' panel, just from the pics. It was a different color, sure, but it doesn't read "sheer" from what I saw (ie, there's no apparent 'boobage' ;D)

Wendy Moira Angela Pan

• Formerly Ms. Wendy
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
If you look closely, you can see the curve of the underside of her right breast in the center picture. I imagine it must be more obvious in person when she's moving around.

DangerMouth

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
If you look closely, you can see the curve of the underside of her right breast in the center picture. I imagine it must be more obvious in person when she's moving around.

Maybe not everyone looks that closely? ;D

Wendy Moira Angela Pan

• Formerly Ms. Wendy
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »
It actually kinda jumped out at me (there's a mental image!), but since some people hadn't noticed, I advised them to look closely.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »
I think the outfit is absolutely adorable, head to toe!  It definitely doesn't look like something someone would wear to a funeral to me.