Author Topic: Smile!  (Read 1514 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Smile!
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Driving down the road, I see quite a few people with signs asking for handouts. I'm accustomed to seeing them now.

But, today, there was a man with a sign that said, in big letters, "SMILE!"

He waved the sign and gave me a big smile himself as I drove by. I couldn't help but smile back - it was so infectious!

I know some people don't like to be told to smile, but this wasn't offensive. It really was impossible not to smile back! And, it really showed how a smile from someone can make another person's day and put a smile on their face, too.

It was so great!

It also made me smile, because today was my birthday, so it was like a special "happy birthday" to me. :)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:14:20 PM by DottyG »

Rohanna

Re: Smile!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »
That's sweet :)

I don't think I'd mind something like that- it's obviously not aimed at singling me out for my expression (I hate when people tell me to smile when I'm not because something's going on...)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »
It actually reminded me of the "Hug" Campaign. And, I have to also say that the guy was kinda cute! :D

MizB

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:42 AM »
That is way awesome!!!
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

boxy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
Happy birthday DottyG

EmmaJ.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
I just read this and I know I'm way late but - Happy birthday Dotty!!!  Hope it was a wonderful day.