Author Topic: Management notices and hilariously bad spelling/grammar  (Read 10284 times)

gmama

Re: Management notices and hilariously bad spelling/grammar
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 01:40:29 PM »
We used to have a horrible speller at our building's management office too!  I used to cringe whenever a new memo would show up on the elevator.  We've since gotten a great new building manager who knows how to spell. 

However, we got a memo issued by the city recently due to some construction that would be occurring by our parking garage.  It ended with the line "We apologize for any convenience this may cause".  INDEED!

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
However, we got a memo issued by the city recently due to some construction that would be occurring by our parking garage.  It ended with the line "We apologize for any convenience this may cause".  INDEED!

I work on several road improvement jobs.  I am totally stealing this for the project offices!

P-p-p-penguin

• Crazy... but that's how it goes
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »
I work with a woman who isn't very nice.  She's really two-faced and seems to think that her job gives her more responsibility over others than it actually does.

It is always nice when she sends out another whinging email that is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors because that is out for everyone to see.  It sort of conflicts with her 'holier-than-thou' attitude when she makes mistakes that even children get right.

ehelluser

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
I once worked at a company in California during an especially hot summer when power usage was exceeding capacity and PG&E was threatening rolling blackouts.  Our facilities manager sent out an email about potential "roving" blackouts.   Everyone enjoyed that one.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
This was printed in a newspaper catering to medical records professionals: 

SECURITY COMPROMISE FOUND AT NAVEL HOSPITAL

(or something like that.) 

This past Sunday I was in a church service where the words to the songs were on an overhead projector.  Practically all of the songs had the same grammatical mistake:  it's instead of its.

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »
This was printed in a newspaper catering to medical records professionals: 

SECURITY COMPROMISE FOUND AT NAVEL HOSPITAL

Oy. I have no words.

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
Just curious - they allow "natural" Christmas trees in the building?

That's pretty rare in my metro area.  It's no so much that they're considered a fire hazard - but when people drag them through corridors, it makes marks on the walls.  Plus of course the needle-drop - and sometimes when the Christmas season is over, people just drop them over the balconies and let someone else clean them up.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »
'VISITOR'S SIGN IN AT OFFICE"

At my high school.

Etched into the glass on the doors.

(They did eventually replace it, but it was like that for almost a year.  Same with the new tile design on the floor.  There were supposed to be three waves - our mascot was the ships - but apparently nobody over the age of 18 noticed that three stylized waves look very much like "666" when done in blue tile.)

Vall

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »
'VISITOR'S SIGN IN AT OFFICE"

At my high school.

Etched into the glass on the doors.

(They did eventually replace it, but it was like that for almost a year.  Same with the new tile design on the floor.  There were supposed to be three waves - our mascot was the ships - but apparently nobody over the age of 18 noticed that three stylized waves look very much like "666" when done in blue tile.)

At a high school???  Ack!  The English teachers must have went crazy until it was fixed.

caroled

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 05:40:16 AM »
We used to have a horrible speller at our building's management office too!  I used to cringe whenever a new memo would show up on the elevator.  We've since gotten a great new building manager who knows how to spell. 

I'll go you one better :)

Note coming down from management that ended in :

"We are sorry for any incontinence." ;D ;D ;D

deadbody

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
We almost bought a house next to some people who like to protest.  They had a sign in their yard for at least a year that said.

"Get out of Irag"

I told my wife if we had bought the house the first thing I would have done is burnt the sign as I already drove past it everyday and it drove me nuts.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
And just to show that you can't always trust spell check, someone I knew a few years ago once typed a letter to her mother in which she mentioned that she had started working at a company called Data Dimensions.  She'd spelled "Dimensions" wrong, and the spell check (either automatically or else she wasn't paying attention when she ran it) changed it to "Demented."

Although it would be awesome to work at a place called Data Demented.  :D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

dirce80

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »
These are so funny!

Here's mine: I used to work at a microbiology lab that had sort of a high-falutin' reputation. On my first day of work there, I noticed that all of the waste containers had been labeled with a very neat script: "WAIST"

That was one of the first things I changed when I took over the lab. ;)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
Went out to dinner last night at a national chain restaurant.

On the menu was a little notice about side dishes one could order to "compliment" the entree.

I told our waitress "I know that you have absolutely no control over the corporate decisions about menu printing, but I thought I'd let you know in case your manager wants to send it up the chain."

When she looked at the notice, she seemed puzzled as to the problem until I pointed out that - as written - the side dishes are saying nice things about the entrees, rather than going well with them.  :)

She laughed.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »
At the college bookstore Monday: enter threw lobby