Author Topic: Ice Cream -- Jackpot!!!  (Read 916 times)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Ice Cream -- Jackpot!!!
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:14:05 PM »
I don't eat ice cream much so when I do I buy the "really expensive" ice cream

my favorite is a brand named Greator's (a Cincinatti based company)

chocolate chip mint is the bestest one.....

in their manufacturing process they pour melted dark chocolate in the ice cream and then pack it.  You can find some really big hunks of chocolate sometimes

I just found one that just about covered the whole top of the carton (pint) and about a half inch thick

SCORE ! ! ! !
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Re: Ice Cream -- Jackpot!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »
*envious drooling*

That sounds so good...
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
http://www.graeters.com/

they do mail the stuff all over......
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »
Heh, I'm really not supposed to have ice cream.

But on the other hand... *peruses happily*

LOL this reminds me when my bf showed me the Maggie Moo's website and when I visited him, I had to try some. :D Unfortunately, I then got spun around on a playground merry-go-round. Did not work out so well.

Also, that is seriously such a ginormous hunk of chocolate to find, it's awesome. :D
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »
People who live in the vicinity of Madison, Wisconsin know that Babcock Hall ice cream is the absolute best.

The University of Wisconsin is noted for its agricultural programs.  Dairy farming certainly rates high on the list.  Cheese and ice cream are put on sale for the general public.  Even though the place is a bit out of the way, there is usually a line outside Babcock Hall. 

The stuff is so rich in butter fat that you can hear your arteries slamming shut as soon as you open the tub.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »
Yummmmmmmy!  I love, love, love, ice cream!

I don't know what I will do if we move back to Colorado and I have to go without Blue Bell ice cream!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
People who live in the vicinity of Madison, Wisconsin know that Babcock Hall ice cream is the absolute best.

The University of Wisconsin is noted for its agricultural programs.  Dairy farming certainly rates high on the list.  Cheese and ice cream are put on sale for the general public.  Even though the place is a bit out of the way, there is usually a line outside Babcock Hall. 

The stuff is so rich in butter fat that you can hear your arteries slamming shut as soon as you open the tub.

Similar place in Manhattan, Kansas - Kansas State University (ag and vet science).  I think it's Call Hall.

ncgal

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

I don't know what I will do if we move back to Colorado and I have to go without Blue Bell ice cream!

I am sooo glad that I cannot find Blue Bell where I live.  When I lived in Florida, I LIVED on Blue Bell banana split ice cream and miss it so much, but so not good for all the calories I am still retaining from those days.  ;)

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

I am sooo glad that I cannot find Blue Bell where I live.  When I lived in Florida, I LIVED on Blue Bell banana split ice cream and miss it so much, but so not good for all the calories I am still retaining from those days.  ;)

Lol!  That's a good point!  It is very rich Ice Cream.

(Although, last spring they made the best low fat Cherry Vanilla Granola Crunch frozen yogurt ever!)
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill