Author Topic: No recent unread topics?  (Read 1164 times)

Hillia

No recent unread topics?
« on: January 23, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
I just got a new PC which is running IE8 on Windows 7.  I notice now that when I go to 'Show unread posts since last visit', there's nothing there.  If I go to a specific folder and read a post or two, I will then get a listing of a few unread posts in that folder, but that's it.  Is there some setting in Windows 7 or IE8 that's messing me up here?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Skoffin

• I am not a fish
  • The greatest Skoffin that ever Skoffed
Re: No recent unread topics?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
I've noticed that sometimes when I switch between my desktop and my laptop I'll suddenly see 'no unread topics' on the one I just switched to. I know that it resets if you log out, so logging into another could be causing it.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
On the top right of your page, under the 'logout' button is a plus sign.  Click that plus sign and 'unread topics' and 'unread replies' will re-display. 

mandycorn

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »
I think the website tracks which threads you've read with a cookie, which means if you switch computers, the new one won't have the same cookie installed (more tech-savvy people, please correct me if I'm wrong).
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Julia S

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
For me it resets sometimes (seemingly random). Right now, I have 7 pages of unread posts since last visit. Sometimes I'll only have 7 threads in total. I have no idea what causes it, I only read via my PC and occasionally via my phone (but that doesn't cause it, I tried it today).

ch1pch0p

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
On the top right of your page, under the 'logout' button is a plus sign.  Click that plus sign and 'unread topics' and 'unread replies' will re-display. 

THANK YOU!!!

This has been driving me nuts for the past week!

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 09:35:41 PM »
You're welcome!