Author Topic: EMail notification link does not go to first unread message in thread  (Read 845 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Whenever I click on the link to the thread in an email notification, it always used to take me to the message immediately after the one I last read.  Now, whenever I click the email like, it always takes me to the top of the page of the thread and I have to scroll down to find where I left off.  

Is this happening to anyone else?  I am using a new netbook, but it seems my previous settings work  on all computers in the past.  
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:52:13 PM by sparksals »

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: EMail notification link takes to top of page, not next message to read
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
PS - it works fine on my blackberry though.  I wonder if it is he cookie settings on my netbook?  I'm using FF. 

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: EMail notification link does not take to first new message
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Is anyone else having this problem?  It is the same on IE and FF on my netbook using windows 7.  I have logged out and deleted all cookies and re-logged in and it still takes me to just the top of the page with the new message, not the new message itself. 

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: EMail notification link does not go to first unread message in thread
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »
silly question

are you clicking on the "new" box?
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
No, I am clicking the link in the email notification that takes me to the newest reply.  It works fine on my blackberry when I click on email notice there, but on my netbook in both IE and FF, it takes me to the top of the page with the most recent message, not the message itself. 

I take it this is not happening to you?

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »
Hmmm.... just went to my gmail account and clicked email notifications.  They took me to the right place, the last message I read. 

The culprit seems to be Windows Live Mail, which I use on my netbook.