Author Topic: Polite Kids Do Exist  (Read 1563 times)

NEDESAPIO

Polite Kids Do Exist
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
Last Saturday I was going somewhere with my mom.  She was driving, and stopped at a crosswalk to let a mother with her little boy and girl cross the street.  The kids actually yelled "Thank you" to my mom, without prompting from their mother!  Polite kids DO exist!!

Happy_Momma

Re: Polite Kids Do Exist
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:13:13 PM »
As a mother and just a person, I love to see well behaved and well mannered kids! That was so sweet of them to thank you Mom!

AprilRenee

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:09:12 PM »
it's hard to remember that there are alot of kids raised with manners!

We were at Burger King a while back, and were letting the kids play in the play area. Another family came in, and all the kids introduced themselves to eachother. Well, we left shortly after that, but As the kids were saying bye to thier new friends, one of the other little kids said "It was Nice to meet you!"

it was just really cute :)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »
I was at Basha's last week getting ready to leave.  I paid for my groceries and was pushing the cart down the aisle to turn right to leave. 

Normally, at the grocery store little kids run in and run across that area without looking where they're going.  Since I was at an intersection, so to speak, I stopped to make sure no one was coming, just as a little girl was coming inside to cross that area.   She immediately stopped because she had been paying attention and saw me coming.  I stopped and told her to go ahead. 

In the sweetest little voice, she said "thank you!" and she went on her merry way.  Her mother was standing right there and I said to the little girl so the mom could hear, "What a polite little girl!  It's nice to see!" 

The mother was beaming from ear to ear.

BankLady719

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
I've worked at a bank for the last six years.  As many of you understand, banking is incredibly boring for children.  I'm always impressed with kids who are patient and thank us for the stickers we hand out.

My favorite kid though is a little boy, maybe four years old.  He always greets us pleasantly when he comes in, but the best is when he leaves.  He always goes to the door saying "goodbye bank ladies!"  It's just precious.

waterwren

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:22:03 PM »
 In was at Sam's Club today and I had a teenager take his father to task for not moving out of my way when I was trying to get passed their family. They had 5 walking a breast of each other and the teen aged boy took his father's cart moved it and Looked and dad and said "you taught me better than that." I made sure to thank the teen for his kindness. :)

Ginger

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
Went with my son and DIL on Saturday to a "Pirate Weekend" at a nearby harbor. The place was absolutely jammed. We ate at a popular Greek restaurant, which was also full to the doors. There were literally dozens of children of all ages around the huge room, but I did not see even one child running around, hear one child screaming or whining or otherwise disturbing other guests.

It occurred to me then that every time we go there, it's the same. I am totally mystified by the stories I see here of children running wild without parental supervision. I somehow think that if such a thing did occur here, it would not be tolerated for one instant by the management.