Author Topic: Used it with a comment about my parenting.  (Read 10526 times)

Lynda_34

Re: Used it with a comment about my parenting.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »
He is very good at finding things to do by himself. He has an amzing imagination for a three year old. The other day he wanted me to attach a spatula to his head so he could be a Dalek.

I'm going to do my best to completely ignore D at the camp (which my son will also be at for most of the days). I won't be rude of course, but I'll politely find a reason to be elsewhere.
[/quote]

Your son is awesome.
[/quote]

Thanks  ;D We think so too. It's actually quite hard to attach a spatula to someone's head. I ended up using an old headband and some duct tape.
[/quote]

And now we see where he gets his awesome imagination.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »
If your son will understand I would also talk to him about D and have him come to you if she starts telling him what to do.

And your son is adorable.

Yentush

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
I have a standard mantra for anyone who tries to correct me in front of my child.

"Do not interfere with how I raise my child."

Any  and all justifications are met with a repeat of the same line, together with a dead-pan look.

Ginya

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »

I stood up very slowly from picking up the rings and stared at her, completely blank faced. After nearly a minute or so, she muttered something and moved away. I kept picking up the rings
  8)

You deserve an award for keeping your cool like that. I don't have children, but if anyone addressed me in such a manner about anything there's no way I would have been this awesome. Great job! :D

Ms_Shell

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
'You and I are going to have to have a talk about that kid' ????!!!?!??!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but does she have ANYTHING TO DO with 'that kid'??

Right? :o This story still astounds me. 

OP, any updates?
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Micah

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 07:59:17 AM »
'You and I are going to have to have a talk about that kid' ????!!!?!??!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but does she have ANYTHING TO DO with 'that kid'??

Right? :o This story still astounds me. 

OP, any updates?

Nope, you're not wrong. She has absolutely nothing to do with him. In fact she's only seen him a hand full of times since he was born. We used to be quite good friends, but that was quite a few years ago, before I discovered exactly what she was like.

The update is fairly anticlimactic. She was there, so was I along with my son, but I was so busy looking after him and doing other things that we barely crossed paths. Which is good. The only reason I didn't say anything to her the first time was because I was too astounded to formulate a response. I don't know that I could have been quite as restrained a second time  :-\
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
D: "Don't you dare pick them up! He brought them out, he needs to put them back!"
Me: "He's three, he has the attention span of a flea. I just want to get home, it's no big deal if I do it."
D: "You and I are going to have a talk about that kid. You're a lot harder on your horses than you are him!"

No, we are going to have a talk about who the h3ll do you think you are.

leafeater

• Cool Stuff Onlie
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

D: "Don't you dare pick them up! He brought them out, he needs to put them back!"
Me: "He's three, he has the attention span of a flea. I just want to get home, it's no big deal if I do it."
D: "You and I are going to have a talk about that kid. You're a lot harder on your horses than you are him!"

I actually had to go back at this point and reread to make sure this person wasn't your mother or something.  You can't just ANNOUNCE that you're going to have a talk with someone over whom you have no authority!

I would have just grinned and said, "No, we aren't."

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
If your son will understand I would also talk to him about D and have him come to you if she starts telling him what to do.

And your son is adorable.

POD this but add the preemptive act of telling D -You are never to speak to my children.

There was a Mom who had a child both in my class and Sis's, who was a bully. After she kept ordering me to disobey my Mother's instructions, we were given instructions to ignore her and she was told flat out she was never to speak to us.

Basically we were instructed in how to give her the direct cut and all adults at our school were told she was NEVER to be alone with us.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

illusionmajik

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:31 PM »
Mom =  Awesome. 
Kiddo  = Awesome

And I'm having my slightly mean mental movie of your awesome kiddo chasing that dunderhead of a woman around with a spatula taped to the head, zotting her with laser beams, yelling "exterminate" in a slightly robotic voice.

I must see if I can find the "Dalek knitted Hat" pattern now
*rummage rummage rummage*

Micah

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
Mom =  Awesome. 
Kiddo  = Awesome

And I'm having my slightly mean mental movie of your awesome kiddo chasing that dunderhead of a woman around with a spatula taped to the head, zotting her with laser beams, yelling "exterminate" in a slightly robotic voice.

I must see if I can find the "Dalek knitted Hat" pattern now
*rummage rummage rummage*

You can make Dalek hats!!?? I'm just starting to learn how to knit. I'll have to see if I can find a pattern on the net. I was going to make a throw rug next, but maybe..... He'd be over the moon if he had one of those.

Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

illusionmajik

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
Yeah!
And there are knitting patterns for more than just hats.  They have knitted plushie Daleks!  And if I recall correctly, they're free!
I stink at knitting in the round tho.  I can't ever keep it from laddering.

I'm such a sci fi geek.  I found a Firefly "Jayne Hat" pattern.  I just haven't found the right yarn to use.