Author Topic: How to hyperlink to a site  (Read 1482 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
How to hyperlink to a site
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
One of our regular members said he didn't know how to hyperlink to another website.  It got me thinking that others might not know how to do it, either.

I replied to him in another post, but I'm putting the instructions here as well - just in case someone else can benefit from them. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the top of place where you're typing your post, you'll see a symbol that looks like a globe.  That's the button you can use to hyperlink to a site.  Put the website's address in-between the brackets.

Or, the shortcut way is to just type it in yourself (take out the spaces):

[ url]website address[ /url]

It'd look like this in your post:
www.etiquettehell.com

~~~~~~~~

To make it prettier, you can put a title in your hyperlink.  This is really useful when the address is long or when you want to have your post "flow" a bit better.  You'd do that by doing this (again, take out the spaces I had to put in in order to show you):

[ url=website address]Pretty title[/ url]

This is how you'd get something that looks like this in your post:
Etiquette Hell

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:44:00 PM by DottyG »

Ms_Shell

Re: How to hyperlink to a site
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
To make it prettier, you can put a title in your hyperlink.  This is really useful when the address is long or when you want to have your post "flow" a bit better.  You'd do that by doing this (again, take out the spaces I had to put in in order to show you):

[ url=website address]Pretty title[/ url]

This is how you'd get something that looks like this in your post:
Etiquette Hell

DottyG, I am now your #1 fan.  I have been wanting to know how to do that for literally months!  Thank you! ;D

"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: How to hyperlink to a site
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
I just copy and paste the link. I was wondering how to get a more interesting look to it.