Author Topic: Tiffany outs Jonathan  (Read 3312 times)

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
Re: Tiffany outs Jonathan
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
It sounds like this was just a misunderstanding, not an intentional outing, so I don't think it's a big deal.  And I agree, when it's a public offense, the apology needs to be public as well. 

And Jonathan was alwas my favorite too!

Red1979

• Super Hero!
  • it's only a paper moon...
    • Subscription Therapy
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
I knew the man was gay when I was in elementary school. It seemed pretty obvious to me.  I guess I have highly attuned gaydar.  

I'm getting tired of this "outing" business being news.  Nearly everyone who gets "outed" is not living in some secretive cloister--its usually pretty well known in lots of circles.  The media just makes themselves look silly.  It's like "Thanks for reporting the *news* we've all known for years now."

I don't see Tiffany or Jordan having done anything wrong.  The only problem I see here is with the media trying to make a story where there isnt' one.

--Red
"Pause you who read this and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, which would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

www.subscriptiontherapy.com - "I used to have issues -  now I have subscriptions"

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
Knight gave an interview in which he explained that he had no problem with Tiffany's statement because he came out to his friends and family almost 20 years ago. He stated that he never hid his sexuality, but never felt the need to proclaim it publicly. Knowing that, I really don't think Tiffany did anything wrong and I think her apology was perfectly adequate. It's only when we stop thinking that people need to publicly state their sexuality that it'll stop being a big deal.

Agreed!!!!

...And Johnathan was always my fave.  ;D

PurpleyBlue

• Big Girl Getting Thin
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Knight gave an interview in which he explained that he had no problem with Tiffany's statement because he came out to his friends and family almost 20 years ago. He stated that he never hid his sexuality, but never felt the need to proclaim it publicly. Knowing that, I really don't think Tiffany did anything wrong and I think her apology was perfectly adequate. It's only when we stop thinking that people need to publicly state their sexuality that it'll stop being a big deal.

Pod.

And OT: Jonathan Knight was the cutest NKOTB.  :P

Clearly, you have horrible taste. It was Joey.  ;)

OT, but does anyone want to go to the NKOTBSB concert? Maybe I should find my Joey doll I used to have?

I'm sorry, but you're both wrong.  Jordan was WAY cuter than those other yahoos.  ;D 

And - I have tickets for NKOTBSB in July.  Whoo hoo! 

Secret

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 01:02:48 PM »
Just got my NKOTB tickets today!  Revisitning my elementary school loves!