Author Topic: Yes, that's my name  (Read 3113 times)

Miss Vertigo

Re: Yes, that's my name
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
I don't use autocorrect or predictive so I have nothing useful to contribute but that DYA site kills me. I actually have to limit my reading time. It's like cumulative laughter; you start laughing at one, then you're still laughing at that when you read the next one, and by the fourth you can't breathe.

Today I managed about two pages before I had to stop.  ;D

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 10:34:27 AM »
I don't use autocorrect or predictive so I have nothing useful to contribute but that DYA site kills me. I actually have to limit my reading time. It's like cumulative laughter; you start laughing at one, then you're still laughing at that when you read the next one, and by the fourth you can't breathe.

I know! I'm trying not to read so much that I get immune to the sheer ridiculousness of it all. I know there's gonna be a day when I'll really need the endorphin release of a good belly laugh, but my sides are aching right now :D

exitzero

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
OOOOOOOOh....DYAC launched a new site today!

http://parentsshouldnttext.com/     

Bluenomi

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »

You evil, evil person  ;D I'm so not getting any work done this morning!

exitzero

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »

You evil, evil person  ;D I'm so not getting any work done this morning!

My work here is done!  :)

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 01:26:34 AM »

I know! I'm trying not to read so much that I get immune to the sheer ridiculousness of it all. I know there's gonna be a day when I'll really need the endorphin release of a good belly laugh, but my sides are aching right now :D

I checked out DYAC awhile back, because I thought I'd love it based on my amusement at DF's autocorrected texts.  I must have hit it on a bad day, because it really didn't do anything for me.  I decided to check it out again, and I've been laughing so hard that I drove DF to the bedroom because he couldn't hear his movie :P  My favorites are the ones involving moms, and the ones where some poor sap makes six ridiculous attempts to type a particular word and then gives up in frustration ;D

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 03:30:28 AM »
the ones where some poor sap makes six ridiculous attempts to type a particular word and then gives up in frustration ;D

Mine too, and the unintentionally really, really wrong-looking ones. ;D

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
I remembered the name that's really amusing: Marty gets autocorrected to Nasty. :D

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
I read all of the posts earlier in the week, and I laughed so hard my ribs ached the next day.  I also discovered that I shouldn't be drinking tea while reading these posts.

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/5199/aliens-plot-sounds-awesome/

The mental image provided by this one finally made me lose it audibly, and I had to explain to my grandmother. Sigh.

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
I like the comment that says "Out with a bang! Now that's what I call a climax." >:D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »
I dunno - the person going out for vaccine & groceries and then finally mentioning a cleaning machine that sucks up stuff was hilarious.......and "flipping Pittsburgh" instead of "flipping out"  had me snickering like a loon............possibly I'm easily amused..........
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
I really enjoyed this one:  http://damnyouautocorrect.com/5136/worst-dinner-ever/

Actually, I really enjoyed a lot of them, but most of them, I probably shouldn't link to ;D

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
I dunno - the person going out for vaccine & groceries and then finally mentioning a cleaning machine that sucks up stuff was hilarious.......and "flipping Pittsburgh" instead of "flipping out"  had me snickering like a loon............possibly I'm easily amused..........

No, those ones made me giggle like mad as well! :)

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
Are you familiar with this web site?

It's good for some giggles.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dingdangity+you+autocorrect&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

well THAT didn't work. Replace dingdangity with the harsher form of "darn" and you'll get it!

Good God, I had to close that because I was actually snorting at my desk with tears running from my eyes... I will e-mail that link home so i can look at it there, LOL... great stuff!
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...