Author Topic: Disappearing Post  (Read 872 times)

noexitwounds

• She of the Radically Different Perspective
  • I have a plan. I just haven't thought of it yet.
Disappearing Post
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
I made a post last night to the 'Life in General' board and when I woke up this morning it was gone. I know how servers can like to glitch and move things so I'd like to know where it is now. If it was deleted in a glitch then I can just repost it obviously but I got a couple of good comments so I'd much prefer it be moved back/restored/whatever the server did to it if you guys can find it. Thanks so much.

- NEW
Did you know that cats can make one thousand different sounds and dogs can only make ten? Cats, man. Not to be trusted. -- Jake Jensen, The Losers

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
Re: Disappearing Post
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Go to your profile and at the bottom there should be a link that says, "Go to the last posts by this person".  Click on that and see if your post is among the listed posts made by you in recent days.  There is only one post on January 31st at around 5:30-ish PM in that Life in General folder.   If you don't tell us what the thread title is, it's difficult to know what you are referring to.

noexitwounds

• She of the Radically Different Perspective
  • I have a plan. I just haven't thought of it yet.
Re: Disappearing Post
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
I am referring to that thread as I started only one thread yesterday or even this week. I posted asking how to make an announcement less awkward for all involved, how much info to share, and how much info I'm obligated to share if I decide to do the announcement at all.

I checked the 'Last posts by this person' going back to January 29th in case it glitched and redated or something but it's definitely not there. I had another person check as well, just to be thorough, with no more success than I had. The thread title was something like 'How to Announce a Pregnancy (part bazillion)' though that might not be the direct wording.

I'm happy to redo the post, though sad if I lose the comments, and I now think it fits much better in the work folder anyway as my primary concern is how to bring it up professionally. Thanks for checking though and if you can restore it, since it at least seems to still be on the server, that'd be great.

Thanks again.
Did you know that cats can make one thousand different sounds and dogs can only make ten? Cats, man. Not to be trusted. -- Jake Jensen, The Losers