Author Topic: Well, that made my day  (Read 1310 times)

QueenofAllThings

Well, that made my day
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »
The only thing that could have gotten me out of the house this a.m. during the snow/sleet/rain deluge was my desperate need for a haircut (and for someone to pamper me for 45 minutes - it's been a lousy week and it's only Tuesday!). Fortunately, I live close enough to walk. So I slip, slide and struggle down hill the 5 blocks and arrive wet and peeved. I must have looked like a drowned rat. Got my hair washed with a great scalp massage and a beautiful haircut and blow out.

So I'm struggling out the door, trying to get the umbrella up, and steeling myself for the uphill walk back home through the sludge and slush. I nearly bump into two women picking their way through the slush - one helping the other along - and one of them looks up at me and says "Your hair looks AMAZING!".

I floated right home  :D

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Well, that made my day
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:08:05 AM »

Recently i had to take care of the bit of my job that is outside my specialty and it was stuff that needed to be done Immediately with a capital I on top of my normal stuff. One of my co-workers dumped a lot of stuff into my bit that didn't need to be there. A lot. It wasn't a big deal; but it did make my job harder than it needed to be.

Today he came in and put a carton of milk on my desk and quietly said, "I got you some milk."

I love milk. Love it. The way to my heart isn't chocolate or flowers, it's cow milk (or vodka, LOL). I think it is pretty great that my team knows that, and that a little carton of milk was a peace offering.

It made my day.  :)

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »
Hobish, that is so cool! 

I've had super-busy days - as in, work through lunch to get this pleading finalized days.

For one of them, one of the attorneys bought (and brought) me a sandwich from the zoomy deli down the block; for the other, the attorney in question tendered an eggnog latte. 

I really like the attorneys I work for. 
   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

pharmagal

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
Sometimes it's the little things.

I received a phone call yesterday from one fo the clients I deal with.  She didn't have an order, or a question, she was just calling to make sure that I was ok becasue she knew I'm from Christchurch and still have family and friends there. 

Honestly, you just don't expect that level of consideration from most people.  Sure they ask when you're instore with them, but to actually take a few minutes to call.  I was touched.  And I thanked her very much for her concern.