Author Topic: Renamed - Alan Rickman charms my aunt-in-law :)  (Read 12258 times)

Zenith

• Life's Little Lunatic
Re: Renamed - Alan Rickman charms my aunt-in-law :)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 02:43:37 AM »
Squeeeeeee!!! Alan Rickman is such a cutie!!

Lucky (and pretty) Aunt your DH has.

Shopaholic

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 04:17:59 AM »
I love Alan Rickman!!!

Favourite HP moment:
<Harry and Ron whispering during a test>
Cut to Snape pulling up one cuff
<Harry and Ron continue to whisper>
Cut to Snape pulling up other cuff
<More whispering from Harry and Ron>
Snape smacks 'em both on the back of the head.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
^My absolute favorite HP moment occurs in Prisoner of Azkaban. I believe it's in the movie, not the book, unfortunately.

I love when Lupin is transforming and the kids are going "oh carp." And Snape comes storming out and getting really in Harry's face, and he hears the werewolf, and in an INSTANT, he is automatically protecting the children. I love that scene. It's like it says no matter how unbelievably angry he is at Harry and his friends, he will still always protect them.

POA scene Warning: grody werewolf transformation and fight scene

I have to admit that I did NOT like Alan as Judge Turpin, but...that one, he's hard to like!
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

PurpleFrog

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:49 AM »
Ok Ok I promise when I kidnap him I'll share.  >:D

^My absolute favorite HP moment occurs in Prisoner of Azkaban. I believe it's in the movie, not the book, unfortunately.

I love when Lupin is transforming and the kids are going "oh carp." And Snape comes storming out and getting really in Harry's face, and he hears the werewolf, and in an INSTANT, he is automatically protecting the children. I love that scene. It's like it says no matter how unbelievably angry he is at Harry and his friends, he will still always protect them.

I have to admit that I did NOT like Alan as Judge Turpin, but...that one, he's hard to like!

Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman and Anthony Head wandering in just for my amusement. Its a happy movie :) Pretty people and people pies somthing for everyone :)
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »

that is my absolute favourite scene in POA  too.

and im another one who thinks  Robin Hood prince of thieves only worth watching because of him

i couldnt quite remember the quote i loved so had to IMDB it

Sheriff of Nottingham:   Wait a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing  me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?
 [Scribe nods]
Sheriff of Nottingham:  That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Corbin

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
Seriously, Alan Rickman and Johnny Depp would be the only two movie stars I would want to meet. And I am sure that, if I did, I would make an utter fool out of myself and burst into tears or not be able to make a sound other than random gibberish or something.
"If someone else posted this, I would be convinced they were making it up..."

Lady_Lazarus

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »
Wow! That is really awesome!!! I absolutely adore him ... so much so that I almost root for him in Die Hard ;p

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
Seriously, Alan Rickman and Johnny Depp would be the only two movie stars I would want to meet. And I am sure that, if I did, I would make an utter fool out of myself and burst into tears or not be able to make a sound other than random gibberish or something.
Add Ian McKellan and you have my list!
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

djinnidjream

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
So... er would it be against etiquette to plant a big one on him as the picture it taken?  I would totally do that...
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Kittymama

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
On another message board of which I am a member, we have two camps--the Alan Rickman camp, and the Colin Firth camp. Now, personally, I'm in the Colin Firth camp (I particularly like it when he looks all stern about things), but I do love Snape. And I love his voice.

*wanders off to find his other movies*

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
I'm insanely jealous. Despite the fact that he's far too old for me. Alan Rickman is one of my favorite actors, I'm so glad to hear he was nice! I've been a fan ever since I saw Galaxy Quest as a young teenager.

Harry Potter:

I just watched POA and I loved that scene too. It was subtle but it just about melted my heart.

And the Umbridge/Snape conversation - I'd just been trying to figure out why every time I say "obviously" I hear Snape's voice saying it in my head! Now I know!

And another posted answered another big, unanswered question I've had - why do I always feel sympathetic for the Sheriff of Nottingham? It all makes sense now...

Has anyone seen Bottle Shock? It's set in the 70s in California and Alan Rickman plays a greasy, grumpy, English-French wine snob. ;D

Also: I don't know if there's ever been a movie version of Les Mis, but if they were to make one I would absolutely love to see Alan Rickman play Javert.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
I've been a fan ever since I saw Galaxy Quest as a young teenager.

I completely, unabashedly, and shamelessly love that movie.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
Re: Alan Rickman
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 04:33:15 AM »
I even love him in "Love, Actually," and I often have a hard time separating the actor and the character when I'm really into a film. (In general, I'm too attached to that movie.  ;D)

Me tooooooooo!!!
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 10:35:12 AM »
Reciting poetry to Marianne in Sense and Sensibility.  Swoon!!!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »
Reciting poetry to Marianne in Sense and Sensibility.  Swoon!!!

"The air is filled with spices..."

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-gNN8WRHo