Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 14638 times)

WhiteTigerCub

Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
Her outfit had me screaming at the monitor today.  "You are going to a court appearance, not a fashion show!"

Please someone take her out and buy her a professional looking suit.

Arizona

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
Business professional is about *not* drawing too much attention to onesself.  It's about letting the actions speak, not the wardrobe. This is in direct contrast to fashion. (not that you cant be fashionable to, but your overriding goal when dressing professionally is to draw attentino to your *work* - not your figure) 

She *so* did not accomplish that.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »
Am I reading too much into it to think that she feels her only value is having a nice looking body? Why on earth would she feel the need to emphasize it, even when it's not appropriate?

Also? I hate the whole 'nude is the new black' thing.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »
I don't know that she feels she has much value at all, considering how she treats herself.  I hope she turns it around, because she really is a talented actress.   
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »
I don't know that she feels she has much value at all, considering how she treats herself.  I hope she turns it around, because she really is a talented actress.   

Honestly, I think she *needs* to be sent to jail for her own good. Getting away from the entourage and facing some real life (and discovering you can cope with it) has saved some celebrities.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
I don't know that she feels she has much value at all, considering how she treats herself.  I hope she turns it around, because she really is a talented actress.    

I haven't found her to be all that believable in any role.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »
I was pretty much ok with her first outfit and the second could have been perfectly appropriate if she had covered that huge cleavage (like: wear something under that blouse or at least a scarf or something) but I strongly dislike the 3rd one. I mean- latex-seriously?
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

kittytongue

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
I was pretty much ok with her first outfit and the second could have been perfectly appropriate if she had covered that huge cleavage (like: wear something under that blouse or at least a scarf or something) but I strongly dislike the 3rd one. I mean- latex-seriously?

It's leather. Apparently leather dresses are a trend right now. What was she thinking?!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
It's leather. Apparently leather dresses are a trend right now. What was she thinking?!

I'm guessing she wants to look sexy. I'm also guessing it hasn't dawned on her that sexy can be a drawback for the courtroom.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »
That's what I don't get - doesn't she have a stylist, someone who can say, "No, Lindsay, this nice navy suit and crisp white blouse is going to work much better for court"?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »
That's what I don't get - doesn't she have a stylist, someone who can say, "No, Lindsay, this nice navy suit and crisp white blouse is going to work much better for court"?

LOL! That's exactly what I said at the top of this page in the thread.  ;)

Her mother is obviously not helping, but I'd like to think that even her lawyer could step up and say, "Wear a suit. Wear a shirt under the jacket. No leather. No crazy colors. No cleavage."

I really wonder why her lawyer isn't saying more. This is not a lawyer who's just in it for the money imo because she already quit once, so she certainly doesn't seem to be afraid of losing this client. Also, the lawyer has easily a dozen other celebrity clients that have been in the news, so it's not like she's going to lose anything big if she tries to intervene with Lindsay's clothing choices.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »

That presupposes that she would listen to someone being reasonable, though.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

That presupposes that she would listen to someone being reasonable, though.

That's what I was going to say.  You can lead a horse to water, but....

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »

No, she has a stylist that tells her, "This designer has paid you $XXX,XXX to wear this to court today!"

I heard on the radio that the white dress she wore to court sold out within two hours of her court appearance.  ::)

Precarious Armada

• This sig is witty, memorable, and eminently quotable
  • Off in my own little world...
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2011, 07:52:24 AM »
I have to say, I think it's not too bad for court. Certainly, for a celebrity who is undoubtedly getting paid to wear this stuff, it's quite muted. No semi-transparency like the white dress, which other than that and the lack of pantyhose was quite good. No massive cleavage like the shirt and trousers outfit (definitely not right for court). Regarding her bra, I think she may be naturally low-hung, so to speak.