Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 15197 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:25 AM »
I'd call it a crewneck, personally. I am also busty and it's not a flattering style for me. I do much better in a scoop or V-neck.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Mopsy428

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
I don't understand why people keep calling it a turtleneck. To me, a turtleneck is one that folds around your neck and creates something that looks like a cuff around your neck but above your shoulders.
I don't either. A turtleneck is something that is high collared and fits closely around your neck.

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
About a year ago, we had a woman show up to court in a track suit. Federal court. And she was one of the lawyers.

That incident was the last straw for many of our judges here in Chicago and they organized a "fashion show" of appropriate court attire for law students. It was held at the Chicago Bar Assoc.

Basically, folks, it's a business occasion.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »
I don't understand why people keep calling it a turtleneck. To me, a turtleneck is one that folds around your neck and creates something that looks like a cuff around your neck but above your shoulders.
I don't either. A turtleneck is something that is high collared and fits closely around your neck.

I've heard the style described as a mock turtleneck also.   
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »

You're right, it's not a turtleneck.  I hadn't looked at it recently enough. :)  It still makes her look like one breast, though.  And while breastS are a good thing in Hollywood, one singular one in the middle is still not a good look!

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2011, 10:27:20 PM »
About a year ago, we had a woman show up to court in a track suit. Federal court. And she was one of the lawyers.

That incident was the last straw for many of our judges here in Chicago and they organized a "fashion show" of appropriate court attire for law students. It was held at the Chicago Bar Assoc.

Thank you! And not just any business occassion - the most formal of them!  

And this is exactly why her white dress, and all that cleavage in the pantsuit were completely inappropriate for court.  The second outfit came closer - but where's the jacket? the Collar? where on earth is that much cleavage acceptable in a business setting...wait - dont answer that! ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:30:24 PM by DigitalPumpkin46 »
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Mopsy428

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »

Thank you! And not just any business occassion - the most formal of them!  

And this is exactly why her white dress, and all that cleavage in the pantsuit were completely inappropriate for court.  The second outfit came closer - but where's the jacket? the Collar? where on earth is that much cleavage acceptable in a business setting...wait - dont answer that! ;)
Quite a few female lawyers don't wear collared shirts with their suits. They often wear something like this: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThNrEfJAfhHGAKj9RuKiyfsYIFOEmj0rQBRcj5x9Gux1yXgn80Vw But, no, you shouldn't have your cleavage hanging out.

And yes, if you can afford a suit, you should definitely wear one, but many times, people can't, so a blouse with clean slacks or a close-to-knee length skirt will suffice. But in this case, Lindsay can afford something more appropriate for court.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
Oh great googly moogly!   :o  Did anyone see what she wore to court today!?!  http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/10/lindsay-lohan-court-outfit-dress-necklace-shawn-holley-danette-meyers/ 

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Ms_Shell

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2011, 02:02:01 PM »
Oh great googly moogly!   :o  Did anyone see what she wore to court today!?!  http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/10/lindsay-lohan-court-outfit-dress-necklace-shawn-holley-danette-meyers/ 

Well, she's getting there slowly.  At least she's not showing cleavage and she's wearing tights. 
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2011, 02:08:03 PM »
Oh great googly moogly!   :o  Did anyone see what she wore to court today!?!  http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/10/lindsay-lohan-court-outfit-dress-necklace-shawn-holley-danette-meyers/  

Well, she's getting there slowly.  At least she's not showing cleavage and she's wearing tights.  

Is that rubber?

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
I hated this one too!

I'm not saying she should dress like a total frump, but seriously.

And once again- DO SOMETHING WITH YOU HAIR!

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »
OK, she really needs a bra fitting.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »

In addition to proper foundation garments. The problem is not just that her bra does not fit, it's that we can tell this with her dress on.

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 04:19:58 PM »

In addition to proper foundation garments. The problem is not just that her bra does not fit, it's that we can tell this with her dress on.

It's like the sports bra squished fit look - not a good look to go for....

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »
I found today's outfit to be bizarre as well.

I just don't understand. Doesn't she have a stylist?

I would think a stylist would know courtroom = highly publicized case = two bad outfits = everyone watching! In other words, get it right.