Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 15442 times)

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
One of the big items on many of the celebrity websites is talk about Lindsay Lohan's dress to court, where she is facing felony charges for allegedly stealing a necklace.

Here is a picture of the dress:

Many websites are asking if it was appropriate/respectful to wear to court. She wasn't kicked out, so it appears the judge didn't have any serious issue with it.

It's short and definitely very tight, but she's mostly covered. Was her dress a fashion faux pas?

AdakAK

Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
I think it is too short and tight.  She would have a table to sit behind, so maybe it didn't look that bad actually in court.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »

Maybe i am a teeny bit biased because i love Lindsay; but i think it just scrapes by. It is short, and it is tight; but it covers everything and really isn't very provocative. I am betting the judge has seen much worse.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »
I don't think it is rude but I don't think it is wise

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
She should've been ticketed by the fashion police.  That's one of the most unflattering dresses & it's paired with a necklace that looks like it's a lanyard & it's all tucked in.  Her face is pale & her legs are orange...  Not something I'd wear to court (or anywhere else), but it does cover everything.

edited cuz I got ticketed by the spelling police...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »
She should've been ticketed by the fashion police.  That's one of the most unflattering dresses & it's paired with a necklace that looks like it's a lanyard & it's all tucked in.  Her face is pale & her legs are orange...  Not something I'd wear to court (or anywhere else), but it does cover everything.

I couldn't disagree more! I think the dress is very flattering, it makes her look curvy in all the right places, and I think it's very pretty. As for the pale face/orange legs, I think that might be a lighting thing...if you look at the first picture, her face and legs are pretty much the same colour :) .

Would I wear it to court, though? No. I don't consider my dress sense conservative at all, but I think if I was in court I'd wear trousers or a skirt/dress that came to my knees, at least.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
In one of the articles, they interviewed an attorney who said that that he always tells his clients to dress as if they are going to church or to a funeral, so he definitely wouldn't recommend this one.

I used to be a DCFS caseworker and was in court a lot. Many of the courtrooms had signs about what was not appropriate to wear to court, namely shorts. I had several clients kicked out of court for violating that rule.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »

Maybe i am a teeny bit biased because i love Lindsay; but i think it just scrapes by. It is short, and it is tight; but it covers everything and really isn't very provocative. I am betting the judge has seen much worse.

I don't even like her, and can't see that it was all that innapropriate.

It may have been tight, but it still covered everything, and just hearing that she was in court for something other than a DUI charge brings tears of joy to my eyes (OK, so I'm exagerating, but you get the idea. Stealing, really??)

Ms_Shell

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »
I definitely think it was very tacky for a court appearance, especially when she was presumably trying to plead her innocence in the case.  Keep the Basic Instinct look for the club scene, IMO. 
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Jan74

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
It is relatively tame for Lindsay.

gollymolly2

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
I think the dress is super cute, but not at all appropriate for court.  I fully admit that I may just be very prudish about this, but when I wear a skirt to court, I'm not even comfortable foregoing nylons (something I never wear in my normal life).  It's hard for me to think of somewhere I would dress MORE formally than at court.  So given that standard,  I think this dress isn't okay.

However, I spend a decent amount of time in court and am always SHOCKED at what people think is appropriate to wear, so I'm not at all surprised the judge didn't say anything about this outfit.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 07:38:34 PM »
It's totally not appropriate for a courtroom.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

I couldn't disagree more! I think the dress is very flattering, it makes her look curvy in all the right places, and I think it's very pretty. As for the pale face/orange legs, I think that might be a lighting thing...if you look at the first picture, her face and legs are pretty much the same colour :) .

I agree.  I think she looks fantastic, the best she's looked in a while.  Unfortunately, though very cute, the dress is inappropriate for a court appearance.  I don't think that makes it rude, though.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

jimithing

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »

I agree.  I think she looks fantastic, the best she's looked in a while.  Unfortunately, though very cute, the dress is inappropriate for a court appearance.  I don't think that makes it rude, though.

I don't think that etiquette is always about rude or not rude, so I would agree. But I do think that it is an inappropriate outfit for a courtroom.

Jan74

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »
At least she didn't have an offensive manicure this time, right? So that is good.  ;D