Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 14979 times)

Mopsy428

Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
She should've been ticketed by the fashion police.  That's one of the most unflattering dresses & it's paired with a necklace that looks like it's a lanyard & it's all tucked in.  Her face is pale & her legs are orange...  Not something I'd wear to court (or anywhere else), but it does cover everything.

edited cuz I got ticketed by the spelling police...

I couldn't disagree more! I think the dress is very flattering, it makes her look curvy in all the right places, and I think it's very pretty. As for the pale face/orange legs, I think that might be a lighting thing...if you look at the first picture, her face and legs are pretty much the same colour :) .

Would I wear it to court, though? No. I don't consider my dress sense conservative at all, but I think if I was in court I'd wear trousers or a skirt/dress that came to my knees, at least.
I agree, MrsO. I think she looks great, but it's not appropriate to wear to court, although I've seen a lot worse in the courtroom.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Many websites are asking if it was appropriate/respectful to wear to court. She wasn't kicked out, so it appears the judge didn't have any serious issue with it.

It's short and definitely very tight, but she's mostly covered. Was her dress a fashion faux pas?

It takes a whole lot to get kicked out of court for your attire.  But the judge will still very likely be Not Impressed by it.  I think that her dress was inappropriate for court, but sadly, I have seen worse.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
Many websites are asking if it was appropriate/respectful to wear to court. She wasn't kicked out, so it appears the judge didn't have any serious issue with it.

It's short and definitely very tight, but she's mostly covered. Was her dress a fashion faux pas?

It takes a whole lot to get kicked out of court for your attire.  But the judge will still very likely be Not Impressed by it.  I think that her dress was inappropriate for court, but sadly, I have seen worse.

I've had numerous clients kicked out of court for wearing shorts, and it didn't take much! I suspect with someone high profile like Lindsay, and in L.A., maybe judges are a bit more lenient.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »

I've had numerous clients kicked out of court for wearing shorts, and it didn't take much! I suspect with someone high profile like Lindsay, and in L.A., maybe judges are a bit more lenient.

Yeah, I've seen kicked out for shorts, but that's really it.  If it's a dress, no matter how inappropriate, I've never seen someone kicked out for it.

little bird

• we defy augury
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
While I think it's inappropriate for court (although not worthy of getting her kicked out -- everything important is covered), I feel like it's actually really tame and pretty conservative for Lindsay.  And sort of cute... she looks better right now than she has in a long time, IMO.
there's a special providence in the fall of a sparrow

I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Breezygirl

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
I personally don't think it's a appropriate dress for a court appearance. The lack of a bra makes it even less so, IMO . :o
Someday, somehow, somewhere.....

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
I personally don't think it's a appropriate dress for a court appearance. The lack of a bra makes it even less so, IMO . :o

That's funny because I thought, "Hey, at least she's wearing a bra!"

I believe that she is. I've seen some closer up pics and it looks like she's wearing a white bra.

Germane Jackson

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 09:27:22 PM »
I think the dress looks nice, but not for court. I was thinking, 'Dang, if I wore that dress I'd look like a bowl of mashed potatoes!' :D

Breezygirl

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »

I believe that she is. I've seen some closer up pics and it looks like she's wearing a white bra.

Then the poor girl needs to be properly fitted.
Someday, somehow, somewhere.....

gollymolly2

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
I think it's just the high neck.  Turtlenecks usually make large breasts look lower, no matter how well fitted a bra actually is.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »
I think it's just the high neck.  Turtlenecks usually make large breasts look lower, no matter how well fitted a bra actually is.

POD. Take off the sleeves and shoulders, extend the dress to the ground and she'd look like 90% of the brides out there.

Which isn't to say it's appropriate for court, only that millions of women see nothing wrong with that sillhouette.

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »
At least she didn't have an offensive manicure this time, right? So that is good.  ;D

So true!  :D

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
Just because she's covered doesnt mean she's apropriate.  Way inappropriate for the setting. And yes I do think it's rude not to dress appropriately when you have the means and you know what appropriate is!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »

I agree.  I think she looks very cute, but yeah, it's probably a little short for court.  But at least everything is covered.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »
I wouldn't call it rude.  It's that very special kind of not-quite-classy known as "klassy."  In the right setting, I think this would actually be a pretty great dress.  For court?  Klassy.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah