Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 15911 times)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 12:46:11 AM »
I think it's inappropriate. There's a certain decorum one should have for court and that's not it.

Ed.

JadeAngel

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 12:53:20 AM »
I think had she added a jacket and some pantyhose that would have been a perfectly appropriate dress for court, certainly it's flattering on her anyway, it just could have been tweaked a little here and there to make it look more professional and less 'clubby'.

Maybe a different hairstyle as well.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
I personally don't think it's a appropriate dress for a court appearance. The lack of a bra makes it even less so, IMO . :o

That's funny because I thought, "Hey, at least she's wearing a bra!"

I believe that she is. I've seen some closer up pics and it looks like she's wearing a white bra.

Then the poor girl needs to be properly fitted.

Yes. That smushed look is unfortunate.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
It is relatively tame for Lindsay.

Agreed. As MrsJWine puts it, it's klassy, but considering that last time she showed up with a curse word on her manicure, well, it could be a lot worse. However, I'm guessing it didn't impress the judge at all.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »
I personally don't think it's a appropriate dress for a court appearance. The lack of a bra makes it even less so, IMO . :o

That's funny because I thought, "Hey, at least she's wearing a bra!"

I believe that she is. I've seen some closer up pics and it looks like she's wearing a white bra.

I agree.  I think she looks very cute, but yeah, it's probably a little short for court.  But at least everything is covered.
It's not obscene. Too tight and clingy to be totally flattering, but that's her problem, not mine.

But, if clothes are statements (and certainly movie people should know that), it doesn't say, "I am take my situation seriously and am prepared to work to rehabilate myself, physically, mentally, and professionally, if the court is kind enough to give me that option." Instead, it says, "Can we move this hearing along, because there's a club seat waiting for my rear on it."

Which is probably not the best message to send, all things considered here. I'm surprised her lawyers can't persuade her to wear something that says, "I'm clean, I'm sober and I'm serious".
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
She should've been ticketed by the fashion police.  That's one of the most unflattering dresses & it's paired with a necklace that looks like it's a lanyard & it's all tucked in.  Her face is pale & her legs are orange...  Not something I'd wear to court (or anywhere else), but it does cover everything.

edited cuz I got ticketed by the spelling police...

I couldn't disagree more! I think the dress is very flattering, it makes her look curvy in all the right places, and I think it's very pretty. As for the pale face/orange legs, I think that might be a lighting thing...if you look at the first picture, her face and legs are pretty much the same colour :) .

I agree.  I think she looks fantastic, the best she's looked in a while.  Unfortunately, though very cute, the dress is inappropriate for a court appearance.  I don't think that makes it rude, though.

I think casually putting the hair up and the lanyard around her neck totally ruin the whole look.  I'm not fond of the dress on her, but if you're going to wear something like that, do your hair & accessorize properly...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

cocacola35

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
I've seen worse.  Remember when MJ came to court in his PJs?  
I like the dress, but it's not something I'd wear to court.  Court is one of those places where if you want to be taken seriously, conservative dress is essential.

That said, I think what offends me more is not LL's dress, but the way the media is obessing about it.  Egypt is falling apart and all I'm hearing about is LL's dress.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »
I don't think it's flattering at all.  Too tight.  All I notice is b00bs which is not a good idea for an environment where you want to be taken seriously. 

Nora

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
I think the dress looks nice, but not for court. I was thinking, 'Dang, if I wore that dress I'd look like a bowl of mashed potatoes!' :D

Girl, me too! I need some support (AKA: camouflage)!

Edited to remove the "s" from girls. I just meant Kittybass, but was clearly thinking about b00bs.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:23:13 PM by Nora »
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

MissRose

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 08:32:28 AM »
Very rude and inappropriate for court IMO.

She needed to be dressed much more conservatively, then again I don't think she owns anything that resembles neat and conservative for a courtroom appearance.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »
All I notice is b00bs which is not a good idea for an environment where you want to be taken seriously. 

For some reason, this (entirely true) piece of advice struck me as the funniest darn thing I've heard in a long time.
Words mean things.

Jan74

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »

Agreed. As MrsJWine puts it, it's klassy, but considering that last time she showed up with a curse word on her manicure, well, it could be a lot worse. However, I'm guessing it didn't impress the judge at all.

The look she was sporting last time was also just as short, showed cleavage, was tighter than this one, and had studs on the jacket.

So this one is a little closer to the mark, while still off. Also, she combed her hair. Bonus points for combing hair before court and washing off last night's makeup.

SiotehCat

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »
As much as I am not a fan of her, I think she looks great.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 05:04:48 PM »

The look she was sporting last time was also just as short, showed cleavage, was tighter than this one, and had studs on the jacket.

So this one is a little closer to the mark, while still off. Also, she combed her hair. Bonus points for combing hair before court and washing off last night's makeup.

LOL. Bonus points for not combining 'walk of shame' with court appearance? With LL, we aim low :D

Breezygirl

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »
All I saw was b00bs too. I saw on the net the designer of the dress said the dress has since sold out.
Someday, somehow, somewhere.....