Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 15902 times)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
I really don't know how she paid $8000 for her court outfit today!!!!!!!

While it was better than the white dress, it still just looked bad, I don't think either of the outfits were flattering to her figure- AND why can't she do her hair? Is court just too early in the morning for her?

Mopsy428

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »

While it was better than the white dress, it still just looked bad, I don't think either of the outfits were flattering to her figure- AND why can't she do her hair? Is court just too early in the morning for her?
I loved her outfits, but I think this one was a bit low-cut for court. I'm not sure what you mean by "do her hair". I think it looks fine; it's clean, brushed, and pulled back.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2011, 03:38:51 AM »

I loved her outfits, but I think this one was a bit low-cut for court. I'm not sure what you mean by "do her hair". I think it looks fine; it's clean, brushed, and pulled back.

I agree, too low-cut for court.  I thought her hair looked like she hadn't brushed it for about two weeks, though.
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »

Her hair looks like it's been bleached with Clorox, it's like straw and does not look like it's been brushed. Even though it's pulled back, it did not look sleek or sophisticated.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »
Every time I watch the remake of "The Parent Trap," I get a little sad for LiLo. She was such an adorable and promising little girl.
The status is not quo!

Mopsy428

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »

Her hair looks like it's been bleached with Clorox, it's like straw and does not look like it's been brushed. Even though it's pulled back, it did not look sleek or sophisticated.
Her hair doesn't look healthy, and I wish she hadn't dyed it so much (I love red hair) but I still don't think it's bad for court. A lot of my co-workers and other lawyers and will pull their hair back like that, and if you have thick hair, there's not much you can do about it. (I myself have put my Marc Bolan-esque tresses back like she has done, mostly to keep it out of my face...curls everywhere, but I'm not spending over 2 hours to straighten it each morning.)

I don't know...maybe it's because I've seen some real infestations that I didn't even blink when I saw her hair.

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
I'm really not sure about the new outfit.  From that angle (in the Daily Mail photograph), just about any woman would look like she was cleavage-flaunting -- the shot was taken from above.  And while I might not like the color of her hair, it's neatly pulled back and she doesn't have painfully obvious roots.

I just hope that this results in her getting the help she needs.

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »
I'm really not sure about the new outfit.  From that angle (in the Daily Mail photograph), just about any woman would look like she was cleavage-flaunting -- the shot was taken from above.  And while I might not like the color of her hair, it's neatly pulled back and she doesn't have painfully obvious roots.

I just hope that this results in her getting the help she needs.

POD. This says pretty much everything I was thinking.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »
sleek is not the same as brushed.  People with wavy hair can brush forever without reaching "sleek".

Breezygirl

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 02:07:33 AM »
It's funny, but the weather woman on our local news wore a very similar white dress on the news tonight, but she added a belt. She normally wears pant suits.
Someday, somehow, somewhere.....

LovesWater

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15:29 AM »
This quote from her mother is pretty astonishing to me. She doesn't understand at all why the white dress might be considered inappropriate for court.  (This was published right before the most recent court date.)

' "People made such a big deal about it," mom Dina Lohan told E! News on Tuesday about the white dress, "but Lindsay, being a well-endowed girl, she couldn't help but look good in it. The dress wasn't risque, it came down to her knees. I told her that tomorrow she's got to wear a black pantsuit." '

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/02/lindsay-lohan-jail-time-court.html

I am totally baffled.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »
So she thinks that showing off your chest = looking good? Even for court??

This explains a lot.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:37 AM »
And really, a "well endowed girl" rarely looks good in a turtleneck.  She looks like a giant breast.  It's just not a flattering style.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 08:14:29 AM »
And really, a "well endowed girl" rarely looks good in a turtleneck.  She looks like a giant breast. 

In the Hollywood environment where silicone rules, that may be their definition of "looking good".
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »
I don't understand why people keep calling it a turtleneck. To me, a turtleneck is one that folds around your neck and creates something that looks like a cuff around your neck but above your shoulders.

Like this: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=782813062&tid=onfr1r

But her dress doesn't look like that to me: http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/23/lindsay-lohan-court-outfit-black-white-pant-suit-felony-grand-theft-judge-schwartz-picture/

Anyway, I think her mom needs to get a better idea of what "down to her knees" means, too. If that qualifies as "down to her knees," my work wardrobe just blew wide open!  ::)