Author Topic: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court  (Read 14958 times)

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: Lindsay Lohan's Dress Has It's Day In Court
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
That's what I don't get - doesn't she have a stylist, someone who can say, "No, Lindsay, this nice navy suit and crisp white blouse is going to work much better for court"?

That presupposes that she would listen to someone being reasonable, though.

She lives in a bubble.  A bubble where real people wear sexy dresses all the time.  She has no real concept of what "the little people" wear.  An attorney, or stylist saying "you need to wear this conservative suit to court" is like our attorney telling us we have to wear a wetsuit to court.

That, and the fact that the tabloids would savage her if she actually wore something appropriate.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Mopsy428

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
I have to say, I think it's not too bad for court. Certainly, for a celebrity who is undoubtedly getting paid to wear this stuff, it's quite muted. No semi-transparency like the white dress, which other than that and the lack of pantyhose was quite good. No massive cleavage like the shirt and trousers outfit (definitely not right for court). Regarding her bra, I think she may be naturally low-hung, so to speak.
I usually wear pant suits, but I've seen many female attorneys not wearing hose with their skirt suits. On the rare occasions where I wear my skirt suit, I go without the hose. Of course, our skirts aren't quite as high as Lindsay's was... :P

But I, too, agree that it's not "bad" for court, especially compared to what I've seen in court.

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
She lives in a bubble.  A bubble where real people wear sexy dresses all the time.  She has no real concept of what "the little people" wear.  An attorney, or stylist saying "you need to wear this conservative suit to court" is like our attorney telling us we have to wear a wetsuit to court.

That, and the fact that the tabloids would savage her if she actually wore something appropriate.

Winona Ryder wore appropriate outfits, and I know she used a stylist. The media actually was very commending of her for it. Of course that was years ago when (as I get to sound like an old cummedgeon) things were a little bit more by the rules.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2011, 01:43:11 AM »

Don't they savage her anyway? If you can't win with those, then at least focus on impressing the judge.
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
I think you could come up with something that was both court-appropriate and an interesting design. It really shouldn't be either/or. You'd think that the people who are, it appears, paying her to wear their clothes might like the challenge of designing her something that could help keep her out of jail.

I suppose it's a bit like the modern architects Tom Wolfe described who could not, with a gun at their heads, produce a piece of non-ironic applied decoration. I guess Hollywood designers cannot, even at the risk of losing their walking billboard for some time, cannot design a piece of clothing to say something other than "Hey! You! Between the sheets NOW!"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »
Ah, just had the opportunity to see what LiLo wore to court today. A black bodysuit thing, scarf and pants. Definately a much better look for court, but I still can't help but wonder what she thinks as ok to wear in a professional situation. The pants she is wearing IMHO almost look like jeans!

Arizona

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
Her attorneys were probably relieved that she was decently covered. They do look like jeans, though.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

CinnamonGirl

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »
Looks more suitable for a nightclub rather than court.
It would have looked better it she'd worn black tights rather than going bare legged.

Addy

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
She should've been ticketed by the fashion police.  That's one of the most unflattering dresses & it's paired with a necklace that looks like it's a lanyard & it's all tucked in.  Her face is pale & her legs are orange...  Not something I'd wear to court (or anywhere else), but it does cover everything.

edited cuz I got ticketed by the spelling police...

Sorry, I know this thread is really old, but I just wanted to comment on the "lanyard necklace" thing. I think she's wearing a scapular. It sure looks like one to me, and it's in every picture. (well, the court outfit pix I've seen here, I really don't follow her too closely.)