Author Topic: Would a TY note be appropriate?  (Read 428 times)

workingmum

Would a TY note be appropriate?
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:36:28 PM »
So... my car finally gave up the ghost.. 2 hours from home. The mechanic I spoke to said it would be at least a couple of days and mega dollars to get it fixed. Well, i've wanted to get rid of the car for a long time now (last relic of the ex husband), and had to be back home for work on Monday, so off I trotted to a car dealership. I asked him if it was possible to have finance sorted and drive off the lot within 3 hours as if it wasnt, I'd have to accept a ride off a friend and head home sans car (this is on a Saturday no less)

The lovely gentleman that owned the dealership called around a few finance companies and managed to find one willing to do the application and approval within my time frame. The guy from the finance company actually came over to the dealership to get me sorted and it was all done and dusted and I drove off with my new car inside of 2 hours! The fuel tank was even full! (a not heard of situation when purchasing a used car in my area).

Would a TY note to both of them be appropriate? They both went above and beyond in my eyes and while I know the sale was beneficial to both of them, they just made the process so easy and fuss free after what had already been quite a stressful few days.
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Lashley

Re: Would a TY note be appropriate?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:56:29 PM »
I'd send a note in this situation! They definitely went above and beyond, and I don't think it's ever inappropriate to show gratitude with a note.  :)

I'm so glad it worked out so well!

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
Re: Would a TY note be appropriate?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »
I think they would really appreciate a note. My husband is in sales and sometimes happy customers send him and his colleagues thank you cards. They save them and display them on their desk, it's a nice feeling to get a thank you note.

By all means send a card.

I bet it feels good to have a reliable car again. ;D
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.