Author Topic: The effect of eHell in my house...  (Read 1062 times)

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
The effect of eHell in my house...
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Last night I went to clean out our cats' litter box.  We have a screen around it.  I moved the screen so I could start work & accidentally interrupted my kitty doing his business.  I automatically said "Excuse me" and I left the room - then I started giggling....  I just politely excused myself for interruping my CAT.  Anyone else have any auto-pilot etiquette stories?

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: The effect of eHell in my house...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »
I once apologized to a wall for bumping into it. 
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
I routinely read Auntie Venom's posts to Mr. Sirius, and he can identify them without me telling him whose posts they are.

Germane Jackson

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
I apologize to my cats all the time. I say 'Excuse me Pinky, can I just get by you for a second?' or 'Sorry, Max, I didn't mean to interrupt your sleep'

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
I have mentioned before about playing video games after too much Ehell. ;D Occasionally I miss smashing a monster, and find myself apologising for overlooking him. ::)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
For Etiquette Hell in particular, I think the Coffee Break folder has actually influenced my everyday life the most.  I pick up so much information, advice, trivia, etc. from those threads that sometimes it seems like DH can't bring up any topic without me saying at some point, "Oh, you know I read something about that on E-Hell, and did you know...?"

Fortunately he's interested in fun tidbits like that, because otherwise I bet he would be seriously annoyed with you all by now.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
Last night we went to Urgent Care for the kid. We were there for awhile so the kid fell asleep and once we were put in a room he went back to sleep immediately.  A nurse/tech came in to do vitals (he'd already been triaged) and told me not to wake him up she would just go ahead.  Well he did rouse just as she was finishing up and went back under the pile of coats as soon as he could.  After she was done I thanked her and she left.  Then I heard the disembodied, clearly not awake, voice of my child say "I forgot to tell her thank you". 

I'm very proud that he remembers his manners in his sleep :D

Nora

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »
My husband, easily one of the top rude men I've met, now says: "I'm afraid that won't be possible", and "What an interesting assumption". Instead of "**** no, I'd honestly rather stick my hand in a blender", and "You're wrong, and an *sshat...

He still could not care less what people think of him, but he discovered it saved time. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful.

ETA: I love him, but not for his manners.  :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:26:09 PM by Nora »
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

HungryHungryKitties

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
I see a lot of the things I have learned over the years mentioned on different boards.  For example, graciously accepting a compliment instead of undermining it (such as a compliment on an outfit "this old thing"?)
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »
I apologize to my cats all the time. I say 'Excuse me Pinky, can I just get by you for a second?' or 'Sorry, Max, I didn't mean to interrupt your sleep'

Me too :)
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »
Ahem....I apologized to my monster cactus when I bumped into it in the dark. Although, in retrospect, it should apologize to me for sticking me.... hmmmm.
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »
I apologized to my friend's cat yesterday. The cat was in the bathroom and she got under foot while I was trying to wash my hands. So I apologized for almost stepping on her.