Author Topic: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell  (Read 7724 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »
Sigh. Another case of "immature people are immature".
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
This highlights one of the problems with Wikipedia.  I find it just as frustrating that somebody has been able to do this without any controls in place to maintain the integrity of the page.  

I understand that Wikipedia operates on a mentality of "everybody might have relevant information to add" but this sort of behavior remains an issue.  

Emma

To be fair, Wikipedia does have editors and moderators to combat this sort of thing. And the comments were removed in a matter of hours I believe. It's not perfect system, but they do have employees in place for this sort of thing.

Evidently so - I initially went to the posted link, not to Wikipedia.  But evidently it failed long enough for somebody to achieve a screen cap of the offensive page and for NPR to feel it merited a story.  

To me, it simply highlights why I rarely consider Wikipedia when I want information, while a friend of mine considers it a valuable resource within its limitations.*  

*If you want a clearinghouse location for what is essentially niche content (e.g., order in which Disney films were released by year, minutiae re Star Wars/Star Trek/Dune/Firefly, (other various topic of interest)), most of which, admittedly, most people won't actually mess with, Wikipedia can be useful.      

Emma
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
Actually, Bieber himself is not always polite--I wish I could find the story [might have to do quite a bit of digging], but I recall a story of him trying to get into the sectioned-off seating of a movie theater that was for 21+ because they served alcohol, and he started cursing them out because they wouldn't let him!  :-\

But yeah, that's just ridiculous of whoever is doing that. He lost. She won. Fair and square--get over it, uncouth fans.  ::)
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
If that was my child they would be saying bye-bye to the internet and meeting their new friend, the typewriter.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
Yeah.  Some of his fanatics are crazy.  His girlfriend Selena Gomez got death threats and now this.  The worse part is that his normal fans may be looked on as nuts too.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »
Yeah.  Some of his fanatics are crazy.  His girlfriend Selena Gomez got death threats and now this.  The worse part is that his normal fans may be looked on as nuts too.

Such is life in pop music fandom.  I try to avoid his fans, and cringed when I saw my favorite artist say that he wasn't fond of Bieber's performance, as I knew what might await him in his @replies.

MissRose

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 07:26:27 AM »
I've not listened to Justin's music and have no idea what the fuss is all about.

The fans need to grow up and understand he can't win everything.  They also need to respect his right to a private life, and is highly unlikely to date a fan.

At least I didn't hear of any of Adam Lambert's fans defacing Bruno Mars' Wikipage or other sites because he lost out in the best male pop category.

Jan74

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:40 AM »
I am not shocked by the immaturity.

But the racism really made me sick to my stomach.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
I've not listened to Justin's music and have no idea what the fuss is all about.

The fans need to grow up and understand he can't win everything.  They also need to respect his right to a private life, and is highly unlikely to date a fan.

At least I didn't hear of any of Adam Lambert's fans defacing Bruno Mars' Wikipage or other sites because he lost out in the best male pop category.

Bieber's fans clearly aren't old enough to get how BNA voting works.  I'm not surprised he didn't win, I was surprised Florence didn't though.

As for Adam...the Twitter tongue-lashing that would've ensued would've been enough to make most fans think twice.

MissRose

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:02 AM »
Most of Adam's fans have more maturity in their little fingers compared to the Bieber fans who have no idea what it means & the actions show they have no maturity at all....

Bieber's fans clearly aren't old enough to get how BNA voting works.  I'm not surprised he didn't win, I was surprised Florence didn't though.

As for Adam...the Twitter tongue-lashing that would've ensued would've been enough to make most fans think twice.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:54 AM »
Most of Adam's fans have more maturity in their little fingers compared to the Bieber fans who have no idea what it means & the actions show they have no maturity at all....

True and I think Bieber did do some post-Grammys damage control, but maybe before the fans went crazy.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
What gets me about the whole thing is how irrational it all is... (and I realize I am talking about "rationality" and teenagers...)

If they want to be mad at someone for Justin losing, be mad at the Grammy committee, not the artist who won. I mean SHE didn't do anything but make a cd the same year as him, (and a darn good one IMHO) and then accept her award. What was she supposed to do? Turn it down?

Side note: Are people really that surprised that he lost the grammy? I don't think he was even that surprised. He makes pop music that appeals to teenage girls for heavens sake. He's got talent but I am not gonna treat him like hes the next Bach. He's certainly not doing anything orginal and deep. Lets not be naive... part of his success comes from the fact that he's cute and charismatic and some of his stuff is catchy. And he's what... 16? It's not like he's never gonna have the chance at a Grammy again, just not in that category. He makes MILLIONS whether he wins Grammy's or not and he sure isn't gonna lose any record deals over it. Yeah... I am sure he cried about it...all the way to the bank. 

blahblahblah

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
Actually, Bieber himself is not always polite--I wish I could find the story [might have to do quite a bit of digging], but I recall a story of him trying to get into the sectioned-off seating of a movie theater that was for 21+ because they served alcohol, and he started cursing them out because they wouldn't let him!
Yes. There was also a story of him throwing water balloons at a policeman. When the policeman wanted to haul him down to station, Justin hid in his trailer while his bodyguard and manager talked the officer out of it. Later Justin bragged/laughed about the incident over twitter, saying that it had been a great day. Polite this kid ain't.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
Side note: Are people really that surprised that he lost the grammy? I don't think he was even that surprised. He makes pop music that appeals to teenage girls for heavens sake. He's got talent but I am not gonna treat him like hes the next Bach. He's certainly not doing anything orginal and deep. Lets not be naive... part of his success comes from the fact that he's cute and charismatic and some of his stuff is catchy. And he's what... 16? It's not like he's never gonna have the chance at a Grammy again, just not in that category. He makes MILLIONS whether he wins Grammy's or not and he sure isn't gonna lose any record deals over it. Yeah... I am sure he cried about it...all the way to the bank.

I wasn't surprised, but then, I know if they honestly nominated only people they were going to give awards to the show would be very bland, IMO.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »
Actually, Bieber himself is not always polite--I wish I could find the story [might have to do quite a bit of digging], but I recall a story of him trying to get into the sectioned-off seating of a movie theater that was for 21+ because they served alcohol, and he started cursing them out because they wouldn't let him!
Yes. There was also a story of him throwing water balloons at a policeman. When the policeman wanted to haul him down to station, Justin hid in his trailer while his bodyguard and manager talked the officer out of it. Later Justin bragged/laughed about the incident over twitter, saying that it had been a great day. Polite this kid ain't.
Oh wow, I hadn't heard that.

How disappointing.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/