Author Topic: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell  (Read 7679 times)

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
Re: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
Side note: Are people really that surprised that he lost the grammy? I don't think he was even that surprised. He makes pop music that appeals to teenage girls for heavens sake. He's got talent but I am not gonna treat him like hes the next Bach. He's certainly not doing anything orginal and deep. Lets not be naive... part of his success comes from the fact that he's cute and charismatic and some of his stuff is catchy. And he's what... 16? It's not like he's never gonna have the chance at a Grammy again, just not in that category. He makes MILLIONS whether he wins Grammy's or not and he sure isn't gonna lose any record deals over it. Yeah... I am sure he cried about it...all the way to the bank.

I wasn't surprised, but then, I know if they honestly nominated only people they were going to give awards to the show would be very bland, IMO.

Of course I agree. But I do wish they actually nominated people who might actually deserve it. He's a talented kid but a Grammy? Uuuuuuh no.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
Side note: Are people really that surprised that he lost the grammy? I don't think he was even that surprised. He makes pop music that appeals to teenage girls for heavens sake. He's got talent but I am not gonna treat him like hes the next Bach. He's certainly not doing anything orginal and deep. Lets not be naive... part of his success comes from the fact that he's cute and charismatic and some of his stuff is catchy. And he's what... 16? It's not like he's never gonna have the chance at a Grammy again, just not in that category. He makes MILLIONS whether he wins Grammy's or not and he sure isn't gonna lose any record deals over it. Yeah... I am sure he cried about it...all the way to the bank.

I wasn't surprised, but then, I know if they honestly nominated only people they were going to give awards to the show would be very bland, IMO.

Of course I agree. But I do wish they actually nominated people who might actually deserve it. He's a talented kid but a Grammy? Uuuuuuh no.

I'm not a fan, but I do wish pop in general got more consideration from the committee.  IMO, you cannot ask for ratings boosters and then not acknowledge their talent.

Jan74

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »
I think typically they nominate, and award, people with market potential, aka, big sellers or who they foresee as big sellers. Bieber certainly fits the bill.

McCutieBelle

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
He also is racking up controversy for some statements he made in Rolling Stones. He seems a bit young to be so infamous... so to speak.
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
I think typically they nominate, and award, people with market potential, aka, big sellers or who they foresee as big sellers. Bieber certainly fits the bill.

http://awards.music.yahoo.com/photos/97-best-new-artist-winners-past-20

Looking back through the winners, not very many this decade are still popular.

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
He also is racking up controversy for some statements he made in Rolling Stones. He seems a bit young to be so infamous... so to speak.

Yeah, I'd love to know the conversation that went down there as that author sometimes flies without much of a script.

Lynnv

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »

I suppose that most of the immature fans are much too young to know that the Grammys have to be taken with a grain of salt.

We are talking about the same people who have consistently gotten it wrong all along:
Best Hard Rock Grammy to Jethro Tull (I like Jethro Tull, but a band with a flute does not scream hard rock to anyone outside of the Grammy voters-and they were up against some real hard rock/metal heavy hitters).
The Best New Artist Grammy to Milli Vanilli (oops, 'nuff said there).
The Record of the Year to "We Are the World" (not a terrible record and a great cause, but this was the same year that "Born in the USA" came out, among others).

And about a million other questionable choices.  The Best New Artist category always seems to be a bit of a wild guess anyway-and the Grammys have consistently gotten it wrong (or not as right as they could be), but this is nothing new.
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

petal

• Dancing Queen
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 02:25:01 AM »
i watch a show called Sunrise every morning while im getting bub ready for school.  the 2 hosts are fantastic.  the male host David Koch started out as a finance guy on a different show.  he had such a good personality  that years later he hosted this show.

last year Justin Bieber appeared.  it seems his behaviour there was quite offensive too.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/justin-bieber-fans-put-david-koch-on-most-hated-list/story-e6freq7o-1225872697645

Jan74

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »

Oh yes there is even a so-called "curse".

But certain people like Zac Brown Band and Tracy Chapman really were supposed to be big things, even if they weren't in the end.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »

I'm not a fan, but I do wish pop in general got more consideration from the committee.  IMO, you cannot ask for ratings boosters and then not acknowledge their talent.

But someones ability to pack a house and boost ratings does not necassarily mean that they are Grammy Award worthy. Brittney Spears boosts ratings and can pack a house but no one can argue that she deserves a Grammy.

There's pop music and then there's Pop music. He's no Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper, or Michael Jackson, or Lady Gaga. They do Pop music that will and does stick around for decades, even after they are gone. They impact the music world with not only thier sound but with the way they perform it and thier image. Justin will be lucky if he's around in ten years. His sound isn't anything different then what the other teen dream pop singers are doing and he's more known for his hair style then his "sound". His songs aren't going to be the type people are still talking about 20 years later. Heck, I couldn't even tell you what half of his songs are now. He may still be in the business and successful, like Usher is, but he's not going to be considered a "legend" in 20 years. He's is definitely a talented kid and I won't dismiss his ability to pack a house, but he's not really making an "impact" in music. His act has already been done and will be done again. His fan base will grow up and move one and he will still be doing the same thing. Any kid with the ability to dance and carry a tune could be manufactured to do his stuff IMO. He's really just another teen dream millionare pop singer IMO. That's the difference to me. Of course, as I am not really a fan of his so I could be way off base but that's just my opinion and it's worth every cent you paid for it.  :P

The Grammy's sometimes put in the "mega superstar of the moment" as a nominee to appeal to the fans. They don't usually win and no one is usually surprised. The difference here is that the fans don't usually go on hateful and disgusting tyrades about it like they are now.

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »
Actually, Bieber himself is not always polite--I wish I could find the story [might have to do quite a bit of digging], but I recall a story of him trying to get into the sectioned-off seating of a movie theater that was for 21+ because they served alcohol, and he started cursing them out because they wouldn't let him!
Yes. There was also a story of him throwing water balloons at a policeman. When the policeman wanted to haul him down to station, Justin hid in his trailer while his bodyguard and manager talked the officer out of it. Later Justin bragged/laughed about the incident over twitter, saying that it had been a great day. Polite this kid ain't.

Not to dogpile on him, but I can't ever consider Bieber as polite after I heard about him posting a fan's personal phone number on his (Bieber's) twitter feed for "revenge"

http://www.salon.com/news/trending/2010/08/16/bieber_revenge

Article there.  I chose the first article that came up, but this was also reported on by my local news, as I live not far from where the fan lives.

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
I sit corrected.

Hey... you guys wouldn't mind just keeping him would you? Canada doesn't really need him back if he's going to act like that. ;D
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
I sit corrected.

Hey... you guys wouldn't mind just keeping him would you? Canada doesn't really need him back if he's going to act like that. ;D

It's funny you say this.
I have always said, "I can forgive a lot of things. But I just can't forgive Canada for Justin Beiber." It's sorta become my stock phrase when describing how I feel about him...lol...   :P

Take him back!

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »
On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.

AH.. its alright. We got Celine and Conan out of the deal didn't we. Call it square.