Author Topic: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell  (Read 7639 times)

nolechica

• Super Hero!
Re: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
Side note: Are people really that surprised that he lost the grammy? I don't think he was even that surprised. He makes pop music that appeals to teenage girls for heavens sake. He's got talent but I am not gonna treat him like hes the next Bach. He's certainly not doing anything orginal and deep. Lets not be naive... part of his success comes from the fact that he's cute and charismatic and some of his stuff is catchy. And he's what... 16? It's not like he's never gonna have the chance at a Grammy again, just not in that category. He makes MILLIONS whether he wins Grammy's or not and he sure isn't gonna lose any record deals over it. Yeah... I am sure he cried about it...all the way to the bank.

I wasn't surprised, but then, I know if they honestly nominated only people they were going to give awards to the show would be very bland, IMO.

Of course I agree. But I do wish they actually nominated people who might actually deserve it. He's a talented kid but a Grammy? Uuuuuuh no.

I'm not a fan, but I do wish pop in general got more consideration from the committee.  IMO, you cannot ask for ratings boosters and then not acknowledge their talent.

But someones ability to pack a house and boost ratings does not necassarily mean that they are Grammy Award worthy. Brittney Spears boosts ratings and can pack a house but no one can argue that she deserves a Grammy.

There's pop music and then there's Pop music. He's no Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper, or Michael Jackson, or Lady Gaga. They do Pop music that will and does stick around for decades, even after they are gone. They impact the music world with not only thier sound but with the way they perform it and thier image. Justin will be lucky if he's around in ten years. His sound isn't anything different then what the other teen dream pop singers are doing and he's more known for his hair style then his "sound". His songs aren't going to be the type people are still talking about 20 years later. Heck, I couldn't even tell you what half of his songs are now. He may still be in the business and successful, like Usher is, but he's not going to be considered a "legend" in 20 years. He's is definitely a talented kid and I won't dismiss his ability to pack a house, but he's not really making an "impact" in music. His act has already been done and will be done again. His fan base will grow up and move one and he will still be doing the same thing. Any kid with the ability to dance and carry a tune could be manufactured to do his stuff IMO. He's really just another teen dream millionare pop singer IMO. That's the difference to me. Of course, as I am not really a fan of his so I could be way off base but that's just my opinion and it's worth every cent you paid for it.  :P

The Grammy's sometimes put in the "mega superstar of the moment" as a nominee to appeal to the fans. They don't usually win and no one is usually surprised. The difference here is that the fans don't usually go on hateful and disgusting tyrades about it like they are now.

Yeah, my thoughts weren't so much that Justin deserved the award as that other big pop acts (Gaga this year) get overlooked for ratings.

Orisha

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
Maybe this is too much to ask of a 16-year-old kid, but I'm a bit troubled that Mr. Bieber hasn't yet appeared to have condemned trashing Ms. Spaulding's Wikipedia and Facebook pages....especially since some of the "edits" were racist in nature. 

I think you mean "condemned" ;)  But yea, I agree. 

Opps.  I absolutely meant condemned.  He should have spoken up by now and if he didn't understand that he needed to then his people should have made him aware of it.

Mopsy428

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.

AH.. its alright. We got Celine and Conan out of the deal didn't we. Call it square.
Conan who? I'm trying to think of a famous Canadian Conan...

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 10:12:12 PM »
On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.

AH.. its alright. We got Celine and Conan out of the deal didn't we. Call it square.
Don't see what Sabby has against Laure Conan. ;D
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

kglory

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 02:41:31 AM »
If Justin Bieber is a SS, he came by it honest.

After this thread I looked him up on Wikipedia out of curiosity (yeah, not well versed in teenybopper music!) and had to stop at this part describing how he got his big break.  Justin and his mother, Patti Mallette, had been posting videos of Justin singing on Youtube.

"While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette. Mallette was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label! ... you donít want this Jewish kid to be Justinís man, do you?Ē However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13, to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes."

That's enough for me to stop reading.

Jan74

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »

Never apologize for Shatner. The man is hilarious.

For Bieber, yes, you got some 'splaining to do.  ;D

Jan74

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »
If Justin Bieber is a SS, he came by it honest.

After this thread I looked him up on Wikipedia out of curiosity (yeah, not well versed in teenybopper music!) and had to stop at this part describing how he got his big break.  Justin and his mother, Patti Mallette, had been posting videos of Justin singing on Youtube.

"While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette. Mallette was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label! ... you donít want this Jewish kid to be Justinís man, do you?Ē However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13, to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes."

That's enough for me to stop reading.

Well it looks like the racist fans who changed Esperanza Spalding's name to "Esperanza Quesadilla Spalding" didn't fall far from the racist tree, now did they?  :o

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

Bieber's character got shot to death on CSI on Thursday night by Nick Stokes.  I imagine there are some very upset fangirls right now.

I also know there are some very happy non-fans.

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »

Indeed; never apologise. He was our original Captain in Star Trek (well, not "original", but they cast him for a reason) and without him we might not have Star Trek. And some of us would have no reason to live!!!  ;)

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Jan74

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »

Indeed; never apologise. He was our original Captain in Star Trek (well, not "original", but they cast him for a reason) and without him we might not have Star Trek. And some of us would have no reason to live!!!  ;)

And I record the heck out of *** My Dad Says. Guy is great.

McCutieBelle

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »
I liked him on Boston Legal, I miss that show it was nice and absurd!
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »

Bieber's character got shot to death on CSI on Thursday night by Nick Stokes.  I imagine there are some very upset fangirls right now.

So, when will the rabid fangirls start the George Eads death threats? : ::)

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »

But you gave us Bruce Cockburn and Gordon Lightfoot and The Guess Who and Steppenwolf and Lighthouse and Ian and Sylvia and ... and ... well, you know.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Romes7329

• Go Sox!
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »

Hey! Way to give a spoiler on CSI!  Do you mind removing it, or changing the font color so others don't come by and get spoiled?
"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" ~JK Rowling

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »

Don't see what Sabby has against Laure Conan. ;D

LOL!  I was refering to Conan O'Brian. Isn't he originally Canadian or am I totally off base there?