Author Topic: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell  (Read 7660 times)

DoubleTrouble

Re: Bieber fan needs a lesson from EHell
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
If Justin Bieber is a SS, he came by it honest.

After this thread I looked him up on Wikipedia out of curiosity (yeah, not well versed in teenybopper music!) and had to stop at this part describing how he got his big break.  Justin and his mother, Patti Mallette, had been posting videos of Justin singing on Youtube.

"While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette. Mallette was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label! ... you donít want this Jewish kid to be Justinís man, do you?Ē However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13, to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes."

That's enough for me to stop reading.

Well it looks like the racist fans who changed Esperanza Spalding's name to "Esperanza Quesadilla Spalding" didn't fall far from the racist tree, now did they?  :o

Well, take everything on Wiki with a grain of salt but if it's true .... Woha, not good.

On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.
AH.. its alright. We got Celine and Conan out of the deal didn't we. Call it square.

And Ryan Reynolds, don't forget Ryan ... yum.

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
On behalf of Canada, I'm sorry about Justin Bieber. And while we're at it, William Shatner.

AH.. its alright. We got Celine and Conan out of the deal didn't we. Call it square.
Conan who? I'm trying to think of a famous Canadian Conan...
Don't see what Sabby has against Laure Conan. ;D

LOL!  I was refering to Conan O'Brian. Isn't he originally Canadian or am I totally off base there?
He's from Massachusettes.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 09:49:56 AM »

LOL!  I was refering to Conan O'Brian. Isn't he originally Canadian or am I totally off base there?

Oh Well never mind... carry on.
We still have lots of other fabulous Canadians so no worries...lol... !

blahblahblah

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »
Well, take everything on Wiki with a grain of salt but if it's true .... Woha, not good.
It's true. I definitely remember reading that quote from his mother in whatever original article it's from - I think it was the NY Times.

ETA: Just checked, and yes, it's from the Times - the wiki page even links to the profile in question.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:06:20 AM by shegorocks »

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:11 AM »
It's true. I definitely remember reading that quote from his mother in whatever original article it's from - I think it was the NY Times.

ETA: Just checked, and yes, it's from the Times - the wiki page even links to the profile in question.

Which I find even more disturbing considering that he's being mentored, and was kinda ultimately discovered by Usher...  :-\

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »

Which I find even more disturbing considering that he's being mentored, and was kinda ultimately discovered by Usher...  :-\

Right then, totally NOT GOOD and really who actually tells that to a reporter?!!?

kglory

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 04:54:51 AM »

Which I find even more disturbing considering that he's being mentored, and was kinda ultimately discovered by Usher...  :-\

Right then, totally NOT GOOD and really who actually tells that to a reporter?!!?

Exactly - not just a racist, but a racist too clueless to realize it's not really the polite thing to express these beliefs!

Unless you're Justin Bieber, who is untouchable.   ::)

This is the NY Times article that Wikipedia links to.  The mother's quote about not wanting a Jewish man to represent Justin is on the first page.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/fashion/03bieber.html?_r=1

HermioneGranger

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »

Never apologize for Shatner. The man is hilarious.

For Bieber, yes, you got some 'splaining to do.  ;D

Bieber's character got shot to death on CSI on Thursday night by Nick Stokes.  I imagine there are some very upset fangirls right now.

I also know there are some very happy non-fans.

It is wrong that DH and I cheered when he died?  Neither of us can stand him.   >:D  The Taylor Swift episode a few years back was really good, though.  At least she's classy, unlike the Biebs. 

leafeater

• Cool Stuff Onlie
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »
Esperanza quesadilla - the hope of a cheese sandwich!

I'm sure these were young teens making foolish choices.  Just goes to show that teens need to be taught appropriate internet conduct.

Secret

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
I will fully admit to thinking of doing something really stupid when I was in grade 7, in regards to my crush on a celebrity.  Count it as immiturity and stupidity.  Looking back, if I did what I was thinking about, I'd be investigated by the FBI so quickly, who knows what would have happened.  I hope these girls can look back in 10 years and be as embarassed as I was. 

I will also fully admit to living in Justin's hometown- never met the kid, never met his parents, but some of the stories about his parents behaviour is interesting.  This one program asked him if he was humble.  He said yes and rambled on something else.  Then he mentioned how he was the biggest thing to come out of his hometown.  We actuallly have some pretty prominent newsmen and actors here, and he says he's a bigger celeb because people in Germany know him better than anyone else from here.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
I think typically they nominate, and award, people with market potential, aka, big sellers or who they foresee as big sellers. Bieber certainly fits the bill.

http://awards.music.yahoo.com/photos/97-best-new-artist-winners-past-20

Looking back through the winners, not very many this decade are still popular.

Oh yes there is even a so-called "curse".

But certain people like Zac Brown Band and Tracy Chapman really were supposed to be big things, even if they weren't in the end.
Zac Brown Band? They've had 4 #1 hits since winning the Grammy and are played pretty consistently on the radio. I heard two different songs by them just today on my commutes. They're far from following Tracy Chapman's path.
Wherever you go.... there you are.

BB-VA

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »

Oh Well never mind... carry on.
We still have lots of other fabulous Canadians so no worries...lol... !

Lorne Greene, Lorne Michaels, Dan Aykroyd, Lynn Johnston (FBorFW) - and Spider Robinson lives in Vancouver (born in the US, has dual US/Canadian citizenship).
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"