Author Topic: Apologies ignored and friendship not what I thought?? Update #285  (Read 58933 times)

Samgirl2

Re: Apologies ignored and friendship not what I thought?? Update #279
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
OP here. I know this thread is so old now but I ran into my former friend today. The first time anyone has seen her since the end of 2012.

I deleted her and her husband from my facebook lover a year ago and while a few other friends are still linked with them on there, they have not posted anything since 2011.

We had actually wondered if they had moved away, because we all used to bump into each other all the time around town and no one had seen anything of them.

Anyway, I was out shopping today and browsing around a store when I was aware of someone coming towards me between the rails. I looked up, thinking I would move out of their way, and this person also looked up and stared at me. I suddenly realised it was my former friend (she looked totally different - cropped hair) and she realised who I was. Just as I was wondering what to do she looked away and turned towards rails on the other side of the store.

I was so taken by surprise I didn't know what to do so I took the clothes I was holding and went to the fitting room. When I came out she was gone.

I actually felt nauseous. Like running into an ex who totally blanks you.

Crazy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:01:58 PM by Samgirl2 »

Psychopoesie

Re: Apologies ignored and friendship not what I thought?? Update #285
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
Hugs, samgirl2. So sorry this happened to you.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
It's her.  Not you.

(((hugs)))

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2014, 11:45:23 PM »
I remember this thread. I suspect she blanked you because she was embarrassed with her previous behaviour.

Pretty cowardly, but not surprising, sadly.

Otterpop

« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:07 AM »
Thanks for the update OP.  You did fine throughout the whole ordeal.  That woman's got issues.  Consider yourself well rid. (((hugs)))

Marga

« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
I just found this thread and while reading it my jaw dropped. What is wrong with that couple?

Well, I don't think you'll ever know.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:14 AM »
I sometimes wonder what happened. Thanks for the update. How strange. And it's definitely her, not you.

SoCalVal

Re: Apologies ignored and friendship not what I thought?? Update #279
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2014, 03:06:05 AM »
OP here. I know this thread is so old now but I ran into my former friend today. The first time anyone has seen her since the end of 2012.

I deleted her and her husband from my facebook lover a year ago and while a few other friends are still linked with them on there, they have not posted anything since 2011.

We had actually wondered if they had moved away, because we all used to bump into each other all the time around town and no one had seen anything of them.

Anyway, I was out shopping today and browsing around a store when I was aware of someone coming towards me between the rails. I looked up, thinking I would move out of their way, and this person also looked up and stared at me. I suddenly realised it was my former friend (she looked totally different - cropped hair) and she realised who I was. Just as I was wondering what to do she looked away and turned towards rails on the other side of the store.

I was so taken by surprise I didn't know what to do so I took the clothes I was holding and went to the fitting room. When I came out she was gone.

I actually felt nauseous. Like running into an ex who totally blanks you.

Crazy.

I think you did well.  She freaked and, as far as she could see, you ignored her wacko-ness and continued with your shopping.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2014, 03:33:40 AM »
((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2014, 05:19:48 AM »
It's her.  Not you.

(((hugs)))
so this.

and this:
Thanks for the update OP.  You did fine throughout the whole ordeal.  That woman's got issues.  Consider yourself well rid. (((hugs)))

and extra hugs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools