Author Topic: Wish I Could Thank Them  (Read 3151 times)

UpdatedName

Wish I Could Thank Them
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
So this morning, DH, some friends, and I had plans to meet at a local diner, because they have an eating challenge that DH was going to try (8 pancakes and a 12 egg omelet). We sat down, and, when the Challenge Meal came out, it created quite a stir among the other patrons. The other diners had fun watching DH trying to eat the Challenge (he made a valiant effort, but didn't make it), and listening to us teasing him and having a good time. Since the Challenge was an hour long, other diners came and went while we were there. About 3/4 of the way through, the waiter came and told us that our entire bill had been picked up by another diner! (Note: There were seven of us, the Challenge Meal had cost $20, and three of us had ordered a mimosa, so our total was probably in the $80-$100 range.) It was so cool--it made us feel like we'd unknowingly brightened up another person's day, enough that they wanted to do the same for us. But we didn't know who it was, or even if they were still in the restaurant, and I hate that we couldn't thank them!

So I guess this is just my way of anonymously thanking them, as they anonymously treated us.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Wish I Could Thank Them
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
That's awesome!
The status is not quo!

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:28:34 AM »
You can - by doing the same (or something else nice) for someone else!

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:38:58 AM »
Bumping this up to add this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/09/04/edmonton-hummer-driver-saves-kids-distracted-driver.html

The driver of the Hummer was given a pass by his insurance company, in that even though he deliberately caused the accident, he would not be held at fault in the claim.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/09/04/edmonton-hummer-driver-saves-kids-distracted-driver.html

The driver of the Hummer was given a pass by his insurance company, in that even though he deliberately caused the accident, he would not be held at fault in the claim.
The man is a hero.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

LilacRosey

Re: Wish I Could Thank Them, lilacrosey
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
Thank them here, Thank You! So sweet!

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »

The man is a hero.

This is in the town I live in, and I know that intersection well.  There are a LOT of school kids coming and going across that street and I'm appalled that anyone in their right mind could be so careless as to be messing around on the phone when driving...especially as it's illegal here...in that area at that time of day.  I am at once ashamed and bursting with pride at the citizens of my city.
"After all this time?"
"Always."